Highlighted

Dreamweaver - blank/empty/white code view

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching for fixes online reveals several threads where people experienced the same issue. I myself found that restarting DW 2017, whenever this occurred, fixed the issue. This issue was more prevalent in DW 2018 in Win-7 and Win-10.

I am now in v18.2 (10165 build) and I am unable to view code for any file type at all (even when creating a new file) in code-view or split-view and restarting DW does not fix the issue. I can experience this issue with no other applications running, logged into CC or not and after restarting computer. (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1, 8GB RAM, Xeon E5-260 v4)

We reinstalled DW2018.2 and everything seems to be working OK again now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver - blank/empty/white code view

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching for fixes online reveals several threads where people experienced the same issue. I myself found that restarting DW 2017, whenever this occurred, fixed the issue. This issue was more prevalent in DW 2018 in Win-7 and Win-10.

I am now in v18.2 (10165 build) and I am unable to view code for any file type at all (even when creating a new file) in code-view or split-view and restarting DW does not fix the issue. I can experience this issue with no other applications running, logged into CC or not and after restarting computer. (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1, 8GB RAM, Xeon E5-260 v4)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 07, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences (Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences) did not work either

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies that you are facing issues with DW.

can you please share a video capture or a gif of the issue

Thanks

Kratika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen capture:

(Showing: open DW and open a file AND open a file into DW without DW open initially AND open DW and create a new file)

https://media.caw.ac.uk/View.aspx?id=9892~4C~FepKz8xr

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested the DxDiag.txt file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the same issue, I can't believe this hasn't been fixed from happening in the first place, I've experienced this for a year or two on and off.  Never had to reinstall DW to resolve, normally an app restart works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the current version of CC 2019 and no such problems with code rendering.  When code rendering fails, it''s often caused by validation errors.  Have you checked your code for errors lately?  See screenshot.

CC-BugReport.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try turning it off the next time this occurs but its certainly not due to a valid validation issue as it occurs on absoluitely every file I load, html, css doesn't matter.  The only way I could resolve it today was to reboot my PC which was surprising, normally I don't have to do that and a restart of the app is enough.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics drivers directly from the manufacturere's website. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0