Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Bootstrap Carousel and Mailchimp

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

New website with a Bootstrap 4 Carousel placed from the dreamweaver insert panel.

Added code from Mailchimp for a pop up 'Sign up' and this stops the carousel from working.

Is this a Javascript conflict? If so how do I get around it?

Thank you kind peeps...

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Right now the way it's being included, it's looking for the bootstrap files at yourdomain.com/development/ and if they are not there it is generating the error.  What's happening is it appears with the latest update that Dreamweaver is compiling the CSS to be included with your site, thus it generates a map.  Having the link working or not should not affect your website.  If you want the error to go away that sourcemap needs to point to an actual .map file on your site or that line should be rem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting, could you please share the code you inserted in the file so that we can have a look at it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The code form Mailchimp? It is

<script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us8.list-manage.com","uuid":"372019ca67a7c981e8849f2e4","lid":"7791de094f"}) })</script>

Thanks

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the popup code on a test page I made in DW with a carousel and both items appear to work from a basic test.  Can you post a link to your test page in question so we can examine and see what the issue/conflict may be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thank you

http://www.pathwayleisure.com/development

This has not got the mail chimp popup code installed.

Thanks

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Although it has an embedded form...

BTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a page still or could you create one that still has your pop-up / carousel conflict?

I looked at the page you posted just to take a look around and there were a few errors reported.  The error is actually happening on all bootstrap included files and has to do with Source Mapping ( https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Debugger/Source_map_errors​ ).  It's nothing major, it's more for debugging then anything.  If you wanted to remove that error, you would need to delete the mapping lines from the Dreamweaver generated bootstrap files (it's at the end of all of them), or make sure the mapping file is in the location specified in that statement.  But I don't think this would cause your conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Ben M.

Are you saying that I should delete the line

//# sourceMappingURL=bootstrap.js.map and /*# sourceMappingURL=bootstrap.css.map */

from the bootstrap4.0.0.CSS and the bootstrap-4.0.0.js files?

If I delete this will it affect the site in anyway?

If i wanted to ensure it is in the right location where should it be stored?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now the way it's being included, it's looking for the bootstrap files at yourdomain.com/development/ and if they are not there it is generating the error.  What's happening is it appears with the latest update that Dreamweaver is compiling the CSS to be included with your site, thus it generates a map.  Having the link working or not should not affect your website.  If you want the error to go away that sourcemap needs to point to an actual .map file on your site or that line should be removed.

However, I refreshed your page and it appears you have the pop-up back now and I see what you mean about the carousel.  The bad news is, I don't see any javascript errors being reported in the console.  I did look into a mailchimp account I have and I don't see any mention of having their code placed in the head of the document as you have it.  Can you try placing their code at the end of your HTML document right before the closing </body> tag and see what happens?

I'm digging into this a lot more and as soon as I was looking up about placement, it appears there are a lot of issues with their pop-up code conflicting with existing JQuery elements for CMS platforms and web hosts alike.  If this solution still doesn't work, based on what I am reading, I would open up a ticket with mailchimp to see what they say and consider using an embeded form in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to know how many people use bootstrap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc, your question is truncated somewhere ... ask on a public DW forum, how many users are using Bootstrap is not really representative of how many users are using Bootstrap ...

I explain ... Bootstrap is imposed by Dreamweaver ... so many newbies do not have the choice for example to use foundation, skeleton, purecss, etc ... and moreover among these people, many do not know that other alternatives exist ...

more natively ... how many users (still newbies) knows how different is Bootstrap from Dreamweaver?

it's been a while since I'm lurking this forum ... and often the answers to questions also systematically lead to Bootstrap ....

so the question how many people are using Bootstrap is somewhere truncated ... or at least does not reflect the real meaning of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbk28  wrote

Hi,

Like asking "how long is a piece of string"?

Depending on what you take as your baseline, the answer can range from 0.39% to 35% when viewing statistics published for the web.

The 35% added to the mythical 50%+ of sites using wordpress would mean that only 15% (maximum) of sites do not use bootstrap or Wordpress.

what you should be asking is, "do you need to use bootstrap"?

Given the anouncment that Adobe is dropping Adobe Muse, you should also ask what would happen if bootstrap was dropped and never developed further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbk28  wrote

Hi,

Millions of websites use Bootstrap.  It's an open source framework. 

Twitter Bootstrap Usage Statistics

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's amazing how we can makes numbers speak...

so saying million of web site using bootstrap... get the following feedbacks "... woaw....  so much... cool"

but if we look further on the right bottom corner (on the same statistics sheet) ... in fact , it represent 3.6% of the entire internet...

so now, the feedback can be... "... ah.... !!, ok"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

but if we look further on the right bottom corner (on the same statistics sheet) ... in fact , it represent 3.6% of the entire internet...

so now, the feedback can be... "... ah.... !!, ok"

I looked at that 3.6% of the entire interner figure, but if you dig a little deeper into how they arived at 3.6% you find that they ignore at least 75% of web sites, and base it on what they clasify as active sites with a certain number of visitors, (no mention is made of how they decide the number of visitors).

The simple fact is, if someone cannot build a site without using bootstrap, they should learn how to. If they know how to build a rwd site, then use bootstrap if they wish to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

welcome in statistics world... one can makes numbers tell us what we want... and very often one can dig and find out the key... as you did ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines