• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver bug, not handling Coldfusion Commenting

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to DW CC 2017, to find that my CF comments are no longer correctly displayed (grayed out), but only when it contains other comments embedded. This must be a bug, because regular CF comments ARE grayed out, when they do not have other comments embedded.  By not allowing cf commented text (when it contains other cf comments), it is nearly impossible to tell what is commented out, and what is not?   I have had to go back to DW 2015, since DW2017 is not usable at all, if you have small amounts of CF code.  I am not using CF builder, and will not, since I don't do that much cf coding.

Here is an example:

screenshot of DW2017 useless handling of CF commenting:

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.39.57 AM.jpg

screenshot of DW2015 handling of CF commenting (pink is my commented-out color):

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 8.41.46 AM.jpg

Adobe has so disrupted and ruined the flow of using it's products.  DW use to be a great all around tool, not I don't know why you would use it??  Our company used to have 27 subscriptions to DW.  Not we're down to 8.  And that's likely to go down because of things like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Adobe has decided that DW is now "for designers that want to work with code".

Because of that, your company probably no longer fits the demographic Adobe envisions for DW.

You do have the ability to install older versions of DW from the Creative Cloud Desktop App so you can continue using something that functions as expected while you look for a more suitable coding environment...

1. Open the CC Desktop App

2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small arrow next to DW's Install/Update/Open button
4. Choos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has decided that DW is now "for designers that want to work with code".

Because of that, your company probably no longer fits the demographic Adobe envisions for DW.

You do have the ability to install older versions of DW from the Creative Cloud Desktop App so you can continue using something that functions as expected while you look for a more suitable coding environment...

1. Open the CC Desktop App

2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small arrow next to DW's Install/Update/Open button
4. Choose Other Versions from the pop up menu
5. Click the version of DW that works for you

You can actually have all of the major versions installed on the same machine at the same time under a single subscription, so if there were a compelling feature you were looking forward to using in the latest version, you would still have access to it while also being able to see your code the way you have grown accustomed to in the older version. The main drawback is that you can only run one version at a time and would need to close/open/close/open to switch back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think coldfusion is now considered as a widely used server-side language, and as such would not be a priority for Dw, (or any other code editor). With 0.6% market share it is only slightly better than classic asp, which has also been dropped.

https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-coldfusion/all/all

You could try filling out a feature request for better support, but I would be surprised if more than minor bugs are ever fixed now, (in the Dw help menu).

Adobe appears to be more into all in one solutions, in which they supply the program, the tech to use, and the hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines