• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver can no longer access my server via SFTP

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My site's server just changed its sshd configuration to remove insecure algorithms and Dreamweaver (v18.0 on a Mac with High Sierra 10.13) can no longer access it via SFTP. It does not support FTP.  I have the list of my server's supported SSH Ciphers, Kex Algorithms and MACs.

How can I find out what ssh standards Dreamweaver supports?  Is there a way (e.g., a config file) that I can update Dreamweaver to ensure it uses one of our supported crypto standards for SFTP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

The team is aware of the limitation and is working towards updating the feature.You can share your feedback with the team using Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Meanwhile, I suggest using Filezilla.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be of help Re: SFTP Broken in Dreamweaver 2017

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I had reviewed that and checked everything I could think of before finding out that out sysadmin had removed some less secure standards from our sshd configuration.  So my working theory is that the problem is that Dreamweaver is using one that our server no longer supports.  Hence my desire to find out what ciphers etc. Dreamweaver uses and if there there is a way to reconfigure it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is aware of the limitation and is working towards updating the feature.You can share your feedback with the team using Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Meanwhile, I suggest using Filezilla.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you work for Dreamweaver and you recommend using other software Filezilla because you cannot fix the problem. Is that correct?

February 05 and the problem still exists.

Should we all move to other software permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW is web authoring software.  It's not a dedicated sFTP or FTP client.

If your server admins decided to elevate the sFTP cipher levels on their side, that's not DW's fault is it?

In the meantime, use FileZilla or similar sFTP client that can support your new ciphers.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTP is integrated and integral to Dreamweaver functionality. If Adobe can't keep up with the latest security availale for their customers, then they deserve to lose their existing customers to other software developers who do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Filezilla and other web tools alongside DW for a very long time.  As I always say, use the right tool for the job.  If DW can't do what you need, use something else.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dreamweaver for approx 20 years. Couple of ftp bugs along the way but were fixed quickly. I have many websites and now can't update any via Dreamweaver! If I have to use other programs/software to upload, then why stay with Dreamweaver?? I am paying for a premium software, if it's not running at the forefront of technology then what's the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember when or if DW was ever at the forefront of web technology.   IMO, it's about 2 years behind where I think it should be.   That said, I mainly use DW for site management, code hints and auto code completion features for which it excels.   FTP is fine when it works but the truth is I actually prefer Filezilla because I can do more with it.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about Dreamweaver, so please stop recommending the use of Filezilla instead! Adobe please fix this problem urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevinb96402020  wrote

This is about Dreamweaver, so please stop recommending the use of Filezilla instead!

No I won't stop recommending Filezilla because it's a superior FTP/SFTP tool to use.

Adobe please fix this problem urgently.

Feel free to submit your feature request from the DW  Help menu.   This is a user-to-user forum.  Adobe engineers don't see these posts.

CC-submitBug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already submitted but I don't expect much support if they have your attitudes to fixing a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I don't make the software.  I'm a product user just like you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try and be helpful and get a fix instead of recommending alternative software. I already know what is out there. I want to keep using Dreamweaver as I have always done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevinb96402020  wrote

I want to keep using Dreamweaver as I have always done.

Seeing as how DW did not create the problem, have you considered changing web hosts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's fairly likely that it's simply not urgent for the majority of DW users out there. If it were, the forum would be absolutely flooded with "my FTP doesn't work" posts. There are a few from time to time, but when an issue affects the main user-base, there will be dozens of posts about it daily.

Unless Adobe receives input from multiple users on multiple fronts about a given issue, it will be categorized below "high priority" and other problems will be taken care of first. Have you clicked the link Preran gave to make your voice heard to the dev team over in the Bug Report/Feature Request forum?

The way Adobe does things, we won't know it's fixed, until it's fixed. They don't give ETAs on anything. It's possible that it's a simple fix and it will be out in the next dot release (which would be relatively soon if the CC update cycle continues as it has). It's possible that it's a bit tougher and requires more time to get it done and doesn't make it until the next full release. We won't be told either way.

Until it is taken care of, FZ is a simple and reliable alternative to DW's FTP module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell us to which hosting server are you trying to connect?

Also, if you could list down the whole list of ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms supported by your server- we could debug this issue better.

Regards,
Niharika Gupta
Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinb96402020,

Can you please tell us the hosting server provider that you are trying to connect to?

Also, if you could mention the list of ciphers, MACs and KexAlgorithms that the server supports- this will help us in debug the issue better?

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my host, although I have already reported this info previously.

It's a standard linux server. OpenSSH.

Here is the connection from your side:

Feb  2 09:30:41 100023bf0000 sshd[6426]: Unable to negotiate with xxx.xx.xx.xxx port 54843: no matching MAC found. Their offer: hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd160@openssh.com,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5-96 [preauth]

Here is what the server supports currently:

KexAlgorithms curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256
Ciphers chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-ctr,aes192-ctr,ae...
MACs hmac-sha2-512-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-256-etm@openssh.com,umac-128-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-512,h...

Basically, dreamweaver is trying to connect to the server using very old ciphers that are basically no longer secure (and haven't been for some time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to announce, the long awaited fix for SFTP connection issue has been addressed and is available in the latest pre-release drop. Please go the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11099.

Try connecting to SFTP server with this build. Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't have a fix for this problem. What's going on?? it's now mid May and still no update available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kevinb96402020​,

Apologies you had to wait!

We have a great news for you.

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live now and it has the SFTP fix.

Can you please download the latest build from Creative Cloud and give it a try.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use DW CS6 and have the same problem. What is the fix for my version of DW?

THanks

Lyse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines