Highlighted

Dreamweaver cannot find GIT

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am familiar with Dreamweaver, so I rely on these youtube videos and forums for aid. However, there is one issue I cannot seem to find a solution to. Adobe Dreamweaver promotes an automatic connection to GIT if installed with the default configurations. This, however, was not the case. I tried with GitHub and the actual GIT Client, but Dreamweaver cannot seem to find it. Yes, I relaunch the program every time. I would preferably like to connect GitHub as I am more familiar with its GUI, but if need be I can adapt to GIT. Please help!

Topics

Error, How to, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver cannot find GIT

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am familiar with Dreamweaver, so I rely on these youtube videos and forums for aid. However, there is one issue I cannot seem to find a solution to. Adobe Dreamweaver promotes an automatic connection to GIT if installed with the default configurations. This, however, was not the case. I tried with GitHub and the actual GIT Client, but Dreamweaver cannot seem to find it. Yes, I relaunch the program every time. I would preferably like to connect GitHub as I am more familiar with its GUI, but if need be I can adapt to GIT. Please help!

Topics

Error, How to, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GitHub, no.  You must install Git -- an open source distributed version control system.  See instructions below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/git-support.html

Post back if you still have questions.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines