• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 - can't get out of Live view

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a teacher trying to teach Dreamweaver CC 2017 to HS kids.  I am not a coder, so please, don't speak in coding language.  My lab was updated to CC 2017 this summer and when I started using the updated Dreamweaver - what a nightmare!!  CS6 was so much user friendly!!

When working in Design view (which we must), when a page is closed and reopens - it is opened in Live view and I can't get back to Design view and can't edit!!!

Please help me.  It is confusing for me, can you imagine my students who are just learning....

I would appreciate any help...

Thanks,

Morty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

FGLayouts are going to be problematic to work with in CC 2017 even with that CSS workaround.   That's why I said they are only compatible with older CS6.

The new responsive Starter Templates in DW are a better option. 

Go to File > New  > Starter Temples.   Pick a layout and hit the Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

After saving your file as index.html, DW will create assets for you.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the document toolbar, you should see options for Code | Split | Live or Design view.  See screenshot.

If Design View is NOT an option for you, that tells me you're using those legacy Fluid Grid Layouts for which only CS6 is compatible.    Best Advice:  ditch the Fluid Grid Layouts. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Fluid Grids, and ditching/rewriting all of your students files to make CC2017 happy isn't something you want to do, there is a very small fix that can be made to the CSS of the fluid Grid Layout to make DW give back Design View. It does involve adding a tiny bit of code (two characters actually)...

1. Close all other files and open the Legacy Fluid Grid's .css file

2. Look for the code block below and add in the X as shown:

/*

Dreamweaver Fluid Grid Properties

----------------------------------

dw-num-cols-mobile:     X 4;

dw-num-cols-tablet:        8;

dw-num-cols-desktop:    12;

dw-gutter-percentage:    25;

=====================================

3. Save and close the .css file.

4. Restart DW and you should have Design View from there on out on any files using that LFGL's .css file.

5. Repeat for each student's .css file

Fluid Grids were deprecated by Adobe and are no longer part of Dreamweaver. It's not really good practice to continue using them. When you have the opportunity to update your curriculum, they definitely should be replaced. If you plan to continue teaching Dreamweaver, over html, css and javascript, learning how to work with the included Bootstrap (there is a ton of info online about Bootstrap, here is one tutorial site: Bootstrap 3 Tutorial) would probably be the best course of action.

Hopefully Adobe doesn't drop it from the program in favor of something else in a few years time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FGLayouts are going to be problematic to work with in CC 2017 even with that CSS workaround.   That's why I said they are only compatible with older CS6.

The new responsive Starter Templates in DW are a better option. 

Go to File > New  > Starter Temples.   Pick a layout and hit the Create button.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

After saving your file as index.html, DW will create assets for you.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I will try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines