• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 starts to open then stops

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until today, DW was working fine but this morning it starts to open then just closes. I have turned my PC off and restarted but to no avail. Any clues as to what may have happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

Could you please try clearing Dreamweaver Preferences and see if it resolves the issue.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the Event viewer have to say? Assuming that you are on a Windows machine, have a look at What Is the Windows Event Viewer, and How Can I Use It?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 17.5.0.9878, time stamp: 0x592ee4fe

Faulting module name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 17.5.0.9878, time stamp: 0x592ee4fe

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000012b30a6

Faulting process ID: 0x1430

Faulting application start time: 0x01d42780c0f411a0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017\Dreamweaver.exe

Report ID: 88e155fb-f4f2-4c14-adf0-5ba5f0ddd1dd

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is this what you were asking for? I must admit, I do not understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

Could you please try clearing Dreamweaver Preferences and see if it resolves the issue.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Kratika. It took a few goes to get the Restoring preferences to activate but when it did start, all was OK. You know I tried phoning Adobe Support all day without getting off the waiting list. This forum solved the problem in less time. Thank you very much. I am used to working with dreamweaver 8 (the best html editor) and the 2017CC version is taking some time getting used to it. Again many thanks.

James.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had something similar happen with Photoshop CC2017. As I recall--it was some months back--I found an online solution to open the CC app and uninstall the program; and then to download, install, and run the CC cleaner app. Probably required a system re-boot before returning to the CC app and re-installing the program.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines