• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC (2018) crashes and closes almost every time during a library file (.lbi) update

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC (2018) crashes and closes almost every time during a library file (.lbi) update across whole website

Process:

• I edit a library file
  • Click save and an Update Library Items Window appears
  • Underneath is a heading which reads 'Update library items in these files? I have the optioin to Update or Don't Update
  • I select Update
  • Dreamweaver starts to update the files and almost always crashes and closes. So I have to start the whole process again.
  • It could take 3 attempts before it does actually update all the files without crashing.
  • It could be as many as 50 files, which need to be updated.

This is not website specific as it crashes on all of them.

Operating system is macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4

Obviously I am paying a lot of money for this software and it is wasting a lot of time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi,

could you please share the crash logs with us:

To get a crash dump, below are the steps to follow

1. Press Win+R and enter regedit and press Enter key to open Registry editor
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\
  3. Create a new key LocalDumps
  4. Inside LocalDumps create a new Expandable String value and name it DumpFolder and provide path of the folder on your desktop where you want the dump to created.
  5. Create a DWORD 32Bit value and name it DumpType and provide 1 a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many problems associated with the O/S that you are using, not just Dreamweaver. As you rightly say, it is no use paying for a product that does not work for you. However, is it High Sierra that is to blame, or is it Dreamweaver that has a problem reacting to the unannounced changes in O/S.

For more, have a look at macOS High Sierra (10.13) compatibility FAQ | Creative Cloud

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your frustration. To check whether it is DW or the OS that is causing this issue, we will have to investigate. Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you please share the crash logs with us:

To get a crash dump, below are the steps to follow

1. Press Win+R and enter regedit and press Enter key to open Registry editor
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\
  3. Create a new key LocalDumps
  4. Inside LocalDumps create a new Expandable String value and name it DumpFolder and provide path of the folder on your desktop where you want the dump to created.
  5. Create a DWORD 32Bit value and name it DumpType and provide 1 as the value.
  6. Close Registry Editor

You can refer to the following MS article for more info on the same: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181(v=vs.85).aspx

Next time Dreamweaver crashes, it will create a crash dump in the path provided in the registry.

Once you have shared the crash dump, you can delete the DumpFolder key if required from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\ in registry.

You can share the dmp file with me at kragarwaatadobedotcom

We will try our best to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply but I'm afraid I'm struggling to follow the instructions but also the link is for a Windows PC and I use an iMac

There's another email just arrived re the same subject so I'll have a look at that one too.

Many thanks again,

Mike

To: Mike Gallagher <mike.gallagher@btinternet.com>

Sent: Friday, 20 April 2018, 7:51

Subject: Dreamweaver CC (2018) crashes and closes almost every time during a library file (.lbi) update

Dreamweaver CC (2018) crashes and closes almost every time during a library file (.lbi) update

created by Kratika Agarwal in Dreamweaver support forum - View the full discussion Hi, could you please share the crash logs with us: To get a crash dump, below are the steps to follow  

- Press Win+R and enter regedit and press Enter key to open Registry editor

- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\

- Create a new key LocalDumps

- Inside LocalDumps create a new Expandable String value and name it DumpFolder and provide path of the folder on your desktop where you want the dump to created.

- Create a DWORD 32Bit value and name it DumpType and provide 1 as the value.

- Close Registry Editor

You can refer to the following MS article for more info on the same: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181(v=vs.85).aspx Next time Dreamweaver crashes, it will create a crash dump in the path provided in the registry.Once you have shared the crash dump, you can delete the DumpFolder key if required from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\ in registry. You can share the dmp file with me at kragarwaatadobedotcom We will try our best to resolve this issue. Thanks If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10330719#10330719 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10330719#10330719 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Dreamweaver support forum by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know if you need more assistance. If you do, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines