• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2018 has stopped working

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Dreamweaver for many years, but hadn't started it in a few days. Now when I start it, before the splash screen goes away, Windows tells me that it has "stopped working". The event log says that dreamweaver.exe got an access violation (code 5). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing the 2017 version, deleting the cache folders under AppData, rebooting, nothing helped (the 2017 version also dies in the same way.)

Earlier posts about this problem refer to a Lavasoft software, but I don't have that.

I am running Windows 10 Fall Creators' Update with all Windows Updates applied. My video card is an NVidia 1050 with the latest driver. Photoshop CC works fine.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

I managed to resolve the problem - I think. A sticking point was the Creative Cloud app itself, which refused to uninstall. (I had tried to repair it, but that did not help.) I found a separate tool on the Adobe site to remove the CC app, and it did. I then reinstalled CC and then DW. DW now starts. I have also installed Photoshop and Acrobat DS. I'm hoping to be back to normal soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing Dreamweaver, renaming the configuration folder to configuration-bu (so that you can restore it if it doesn't work) and restarting DW.

Hopefully that will work. If not, open the event viewer in Windows and see waht is happening.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote initially, I did delete (didn't rename) the configuration folder, to no effect. And the event viewer is where I saw that it was getting the access violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I thought that you deleted the cache folders

deleting the cache folders under AppData
Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was not sure what was in those folders. I deleted all of the "Dreamweaver..." folders under Roaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted in Safe Mode - it still dies, even quicker this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What  is the Faulting Module in Windows Event Viewer?

Nancy .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dreamweaver.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to wipe off this installation and reinstall 2018.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Uninstall Dreamweaver from CC with deleting the Preferences, quit cc, login to CC.

Install Dreamweaverr and relaunch it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm even worse off...

Uninstalling DW, quitting CC, deleting preferences, reinstalling CC - no effect.

I then uninstalled all CC products. The CC app itself would not uninstall, claiming I still had Adobe products installed, but that was not true. Rebooted. Ran the cleaner tool as administrator, got this:

C:\Users\Steve\Desktop>AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 214, in <module>

File "D:\CleanerTool\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 436, in importHook

File "D:\CleanerTool\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 521, in doimport

File "C:/builds/CleanerTool/CC18/source\source\out\build\pyi.win32\ACToolMain\outPYZ1.pyz/sqlite3", line 24, in <module>

File "D:\CleanerTool\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 521, in doimport

File "C:/builds/CleanerTool/CC18/source\source\out\build\pyi.win32\ACToolMain\outPYZ1.pyz/sqlite3.dbapi2", line 27, in <module>

File "D:\CleanerTool\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 505, in doimport

File "D:\CleanerTool\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 297, in getmod

File "D:\CleanerTool\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 109, in getmod

ImportError: DLL load failed: Invalid access to memory location.

What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for investigating until here. I think we will need to get in touch with you for further investigation. Please send your Adobe ID, location, and phone number to me over a private message along with a URL of this post. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to resolve the problem - I think. A sticking point was the Creative Cloud app itself, which refused to uninstall. (I had tried to repair it, but that did not help.) I found a separate tool on the Adobe site to remove the CC app, and it did. I then reinstalled CC and then DW. DW now starts. I have also installed Photoshop and Acrobat DS. I'm hoping to be back to normal soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention - the CC app removal tool complained that the app was "busy", even though it was not running. I had to kill all Adobe background processes from the task manager before the tool would allow removal. Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting your solution here, Steve. It will help other users with a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines