Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2018 keeps crashing High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am experiencing DW CC 2018 crashing on my iMac and Macbook Pro. The iMac is had a fresh High Sierra install a few weeks ago. When I am looking up the activity monitor, I see very high CPU Use of DW and ruby processes. I cleared DW preferences a thousand times and even re-installed DW with no effect. Is there any other thing I could try out to fix this issue?

Regards

Henrik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Another option, which may not be obvious, is to roll back to a version of the program that worked for you. As a CC subscriber, you have access to every version of DW since the Creative Cloud started, and can have all full release versions installed on the same machines at the same time, they just won't run concurrently.

To roll back...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's button

4. Choose Other Versions
5. Click the version you want

Personally, I sti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you reinstalled, did you run the CC Cleaner Tool?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Some files can be left behind during a normal uninstall/reinstall that can affect the new installation. It's possible the Cleaner Tool could help, if you haven't used it previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention, that I already tried the CC Cleaner Tool without effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know when I used Macs, the user accounts would sometimes just go corrupt. Sometimes the only fix for program crashes was to create a new admin level user account. It might be worth testing anyway.

Aside from that, I wouldn't know of any other troubleshooting methods on the Mac that would help. The other standard steps are clearing the program cache and restoring preferences, which would also have been covered in a Cleaner Tool Reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option, which may not be obvious, is to roll back to a version of the program that worked for you. As a CC subscriber, you have access to every version of DW since the Creative Cloud started, and can have all full release versions installed on the same machines at the same time, they just won't run concurrently.

To roll back...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's button

4. Choose Other Versions
5. Click the version you want

Personally, I still have CC2015 for production. CC2017 and 18 are just too buggy for me to work with for any duration and the newest version didn't fix any of the major issues I have with it, so CC2015 will continue to be in my workflow for the foreseeable future.

When you install new, full versions, be sure to click the Advanced Options link in the installer dialogue window, that will allow you to turn off "Remove Older Versions" so you can keep the older, functional version while testing the new. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with dot releases though, they will always overwrite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that advice, I will give it a try. Seems to be a good hint, as long as the problem is not fixed automatically in the newer versions for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines