• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2018 Server Behavior Panel does not exist, why?

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried through various means to reconnect my Server Behavior Panel with Bindings, etc.  The file, that's supposed to be deprecated, just doesn't exist on my computer.  (Deprecated_ServerBehaviorsPanel.zxp)  If I look for the "Deactivated" folder, it's not there.  Please send me the file or tell me how to make it work again like in Dreamweaver CS6.  I've spent over 3 hours of my time trying to resolve this issue!  How am I supposed to get any work done when Adobe keeps on changing tried and true stuff that I use every day!  That's just plain wrong!  So, fix it NOW!

Later,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panels will not work in DWCC17+. Either use a version that will allow it to work or have a look at purchasing MySQLi Server Behaviors | Dreamweaver extension | WebAssist

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...is there a way for Adobe just to send me the file that I want so that I can get back to work?  Or, does Adobe even care at this point?  Adobe says that CC is so great!  I would have to disagree at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Desktop App

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Deprecated Server Behaviors Extension from DMX Zone:

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/21842/enable-server-behaviors-and-data-bindings-panel-support-for-dreamwe...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garyd3851853  wrote

OK...is there a way for Adobe just to send me the file that I want so that I can get back to work?  Or, does Adobe even care at this point?  Adobe says that CC is so great!  I would have to disagree at this point. 

In addition to Nancy's answer, you will not be able to get the extension from DMXZone to work in CC2017+ so you will have to go back to CC2015 to install it.

I have no inside information to know whether Adobe cares or not. All I know is that 9 years ago, Paula (pziecina​) showed this community a self made PDO extension for Dreamweaver that, with a few refinements, could have replaced the now forgotten SB panels. Others, including myself, have frequently pleaded with Adobe to re-instate the SB panels with a modern version. They have even promised to return them. That was, in IT terms, ages ago.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the mention Ben.

The problem with converting, (or adding, as I did) the old SB's to pdo, is that there is no surviving documentation for the SB code, (apparently lost in the take-over from Macromedia). That means that to convert much of what users would expect in such a feature, the coder has no choice but to try and find each function reference themselves before they can update the code.

The 'creating Dw extensions' documentation does not cover how to add such an update to the massive code base, (its in MB's, with thousands of seperate files). It would however not be impossible, (about 1-1.5 years work for a coder) but one must then remember the SB's were written using html, in-line css, and the javascript was I think version 2. Much of the code would also now have to be updated to be compatible with the Brackets code editor in Dw, which would add tremendously to the workload.

The above only covers updating the php sb's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a quick update to my previous reply.

If, (and new SB's are marked as being in the backlog) new SB's are ever included in Dw, then in order to be relevant for the modern web, a number of additions and features should be included -

• The ability to create and use stored procedures.
  • The creation of sql transactions.
  • Moving the php/sql code from above the html head tag, to a separate file.
  • The ability to use more than one database, (pdo supports the use of a number of database types, e.g. MSSQL, Oracle).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recommend using deprecated panels because the code is not secure nor will it work on PHP 7 servers.  But if you need them to support a 3rd party extension like the one Ben mentioned above, I would revert to an earlier version of DW from your CC Desktop App. -- go to Preferences and click on Show Older Apps.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-10408387-1496269/pastedImage_6.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines