• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DreamWeaver CC 2018 upload issue

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Dreamweaver CC 2018 a couple of days ago at work.  I got my site migrated over.  When I try to upload an individual file to my test server it works fine, but when I try to move a folder, it takes the folder, but not any of the folder's contents (the children). I assume it's a parameter setting, but I can't find it.  I located the parameter setting and turned it on, but it keeps failing.  It will move the top level folder, and one sub folder, then fails on all other sub-folders and contents then turns the dependent file parameter prompt back off.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from CS6 & earlier Creative Suites to specific program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

I assume you're using a local testing server like Wamp, Mamp or Xampp?

I  keep my local site in the local testing server's default web directory (www on Wamp or htdocs on Mamp & Xampp).  Any changes I make are automatically saved to the testing server.  No duplicate files and no need to PUT files to testing server.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

If this is your set-up and you still can't create a folder or move folders around on your testing server, this implies a permissions problem on that server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you're using a local testing server like Wamp, Mamp or Xampp?

I  keep my local site in the local testing server's default web directory (www on Wamp or htdocs on Mamp & Xampp).  Any changes I make are automatically saved to the testing server.  No duplicate files and no need to PUT files to testing server.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

If this is your set-up and you still can't create a folder or move folders around on your testing server, this implies a permissions problem on that server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines