Highlighted

Dreamweaver CC 2019 TEXT ANIMATION

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following website has animated text in yellow (below the main background picture) that I am trying to find the java script to purchase. Is anyone aware of any Dreamweaver add-in/plug-in/extension that is available to do something similar? If not, is there another product to purchase and use code that I can cut and paste into my pages to achieve this effect???

Galster Group – Sacramento Real Estate

Thank for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CC 2019 TEXT ANIMATION

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following website has animated text in yellow (below the main background picture) that I am trying to find the java script to purchase. Is anyone aware of any Dreamweaver add-in/plug-in/extension that is available to do something similar? If not, is there another product to purchase and use code that I can cut and paste into my pages to achieve this effect???

Galster Group – Sacramento Real Estate

Thank for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably a freely available script:

https://mattboldt.com/typed.js/

https://mattboldt.com/demos/typed-js/

https://codepen.io/merb/pen/yOwJjj

Below is a simple working page example. Copy paste into new file, save and load in browser, change the strings: [ ] array to the phrases required.

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en">

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>Typewriter Effect</title>

<style>

.typewriter {

position: relative;

display: inline;

color: blue;

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<h1>Real Estate <span class="typewriter"></span>For All Areas</h1>

<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/typed.js@2.0.9"></script>

<script>

var typed = new Typed(".typewriter", {

strings: ["Market Reports", "Email Updates", "MLS Search", "Open Houses"],

smartBackspace: true,

typeSpeed: 50,

backSpeed: 50,

loop: true

});

</script>

</body>

</html>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Seven makes a variety of extensions for Dreamweaver.  Have a look at Panache.

Panache Animator for Dreamweaver

Scroll down to the Typewriter example.

Panache Examples

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 1
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That site is using a plugin from a Wordpress site builder tool called Elementor, using its Animated Headline [Pro] widget:

https://elementor.com/blog/introducing-animated-headline/

https://youtu.be/0C0Q53vGEKc

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 1
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 1
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

Have a look at https://www.dmxzone.com/go/33385/app-connect-typed

Why buy something for £64 pounds when its a freely available script - DMX use the same FREE script as the one linked in the first post but charges for it because its wrapped up in some poxy extension, when all you need to do is copy and paste a few lines of code into your page.

On this ocassion I've marked my own post as 'helpful' because no-one else is going to inform you of the truth in this forum. Most, including a substantial number of so called 'ACP's dont know how to code their way out of a paper bag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 1
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why buy something for £64 pounds when its a freely available script - DMX use the same FREE script as the one linked in the first post but charges for it because its wrapped up in some poxy extension, when all you need to do is copy and paste a few lines of code into your page.

Something that a rational person would do, outsource the mundane work.

On this ocassion I've marked my own post as 'helpful' because no-one else is going to inform you of the truth in this forum. Most, including a substantial number of so called 'ACP's dont know how to code their way out of a paper bag.

On behalf of all ACP's, thank you for your complement. Perhaps we should copy and paste more and pretend there is no paper bag.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

Something that a rational person would do, outsource the mundane work.

Its only mundane if you're an imposter or passed your sell by date. Anyone that finds web-development that mundane should perhaps think about giving up or doing something less mundane and more within their remit, like cutting grass.

BenPleysier  wrote

On behalf of all ACP's, thank you for your complement. Perhaps we should copy and paste more and pretend there is no paper bag.

Copy and paste is at least one step ahead of pushing and clicking buttons all day - you get to at least observe the code and who knows one day you might even start to actually know how it all works. After all, you call yourself a web-developer, right, thats what web-developers are supposed to know, but you can't tell from the majority that post around these parts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Methinks enough said.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

Didn't see this before, so here is my take -

'Helpful' does not mean anything, (or correct answer sometimes) as it relies on the understanding of the person marking an answer as such, and the level of knowledge regarding what the OP requires, (drag and drop type of workflow, or codeing). I would not say that ACP actually means anything when it comes to web design/development either, simply because of the diversity in what each individual answering is/has produced(ing).

I don't know much about small personal/buisness sites anymore, simply because I don't develop them, and I have yet to see, (except from the w3c definition of less than $250000.00) a real world definition. So for me extensions, plug-ins, or any other none code method, means nothing, as I don't use them.

The question should be asked however, of what the OP hopes to achive career wise. Maybe we should ask every poster what type of Dw user they are before answering?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
osgood_ LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

osgood_   wrote

Didn't see this before, so here is my take -

'Helpful' does not mean anything, (or correct answer sometimes) as it relies on the understanding of the person marking an answer as such, and the level of knowledge regarding what the OP requires, (drag and drop type of workflow, or codeing). I would not say that ACP actually means anything when it comes to web design/development either, simply because of the diversity in what each individual answering is/has produced(ing).

I don't know much about small personal/buisness sites anymore, simply because I don't develop them, and I have yet to see, (except from the w3c definition of less than $250000.00) a real world definition. So for me extensions, plug-ins, or any other none code method, means nothing, as I don't use them.

The question should be asked however, of what the OP hopes to achive career wise. Maybe we should ask every poster what type of Dw user they are before answering?

I just whack my head a lot at the shear scale of ignorance on the one hand and the over-complexity on the other. What amazes me is someone can charge £64.00 for what is basically a snippet of code, which you could created yourself and re-use it and its FREE (open source)..............ignorance or what.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 1
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could say why use js, when one can use css -

https://codepen.io/lewismcarey/pen/GJZVoG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

I could say why use js, when one can use css -

https://codepen.io/lewismcarey/pen/GJZVoG

Because its not a ticker its a 'typwriter' effect and css alone most probably can't do that

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

Because its not a ticker its a 'typwriter' effect and css alone most probably can't do that

So what's the difference, ticker or typewriter, one would simply replace the previous text with the new text. Or am I not understanding?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 0