• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC and mfc140u.dll

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to start Dreamweaver CC 19.1, I get a message "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mfc140u.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error status 0x000012f."

I found a discussion from 2017 on a similar-sounding issue where the recommendation was to get a particular updated C++ redistributable package.  However, since so much time has elapsed since 2017 (an eternity in software time), I'm not sure what the current recommendation might be.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Hi,

yes downloading and installing the latest C++ redistributable package is worth trying.

You could try these steps from cmd window (run as administrator):

sfc /scannow

if still no joy try the DISM tool (Deployment Image Service and Management Tool)

From command prompt run:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

yes downloading and installing the latest C++ redistributable package is worth trying.

You could try these steps from cmd window (run as administrator):

sfc /scannow

if still no joy try the DISM tool (Deployment Image Service and Management Tool)

From command prompt run:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines