• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC : April 24 2018 : Severe Mouse Lag in IDE

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this just started a couple days ago. But whenever I move from other windows to Dreamweaver there is a delay of roughly 10-30 seconds before anything that I have typed shows up.

When I click in the IDE with my mouse, the cursor starts to blink... blinks 2-4 times... then freezes. My entire Dreamweaver experience slows down.

I have turned on, and off, CODE HINTS... nothing.

Reboot. Nothing.

It is a lot less of a delay when clicking into smaller files. The larger the file, the more severe the lag. It's fairly unoperable. I'm considering going back to Notepad++ just because I need to be coding, not waiting on the friggin cursor.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using the latest Dreamweaver CC on a Windows 10 device.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.39 GHz

Installed Ram: 20GB

System type: 64-bit Operation System, x64-based processor

Message was edited by: Brian O'keefe I added the year in the title to make sure there was no confusion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Thank you for your observations. If everything worked fine with the previous version, and you are having issues only with the latest version with no other changes, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run DW18 on 2 Windows 10 test machines. I cannot duplicate your issue, but I can report that there are multiple other issues -- issues that continue to cause me to use only Dreamweaver CS6 for actual work. The best advice you can get would be to revert back to CS6. If that is not possible, your Cloud subscription will enable you to install any Dreamweaver CC version, including the original CC. Do it and you'll eliminate ongoing frustration. There is nothing of value in DW 18... unless you are married to Bootstrap for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the more common lag-causers has historically been protocol relative links in the <head> section of the page. Check for any links to fonts or scripts in the <head> starting with //

Changing them to a typical http version during development can alleviate some lag issues. If you're not using https in your site, you can just change the links to http permanently.

Another problem that happens with DW in random fashion, is @import rules causing lag. If your css has a lot of @import going on, it may fix the issue by removing those rules and using a <link> tag instead.

Random code errors can also cause DW to lose mental cohesion. Check your code for structural errors at http://validator.w3.org/nu and see if cleaning up the code brings it back.

Personally, I can't use CC2018 for actual development, I prefer the much more stable CC2015, but you can go all the way back to CS6 Cloud under your subscription. All of the versions available in the CC Desktop App can be installed on the same machines at the same time, they won't run concurrently, but at least you'd have the option to use a functional version while troubleshooting continues.

To get an older version...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small triangle next to DW's button
4. Choose Other Versions
5. Click and install the older version of your choice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same big problem making CC 2017, CC 2018 and CC Next unusable at all (I personnaly use CS6 anyway)

folks @Adobe did a connect session to contast it... the bug is still open and have plenty informations on it...

by the way having the task manager open at the same time shows an empty DW just freshly launched greeding 1600 Mo RAM... going up to 1.9 Gb when a blank document is open.... average of 45/50 % CPU

that makes so far 20 to 30 seconds on each operation , time to wait before getting ahnds back on work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

I have exactly the same big problem making CC 2017, CC 2018 and CC Next unusable at all (I personnaly use CS6 anyway)

folks @Adobe did a connect session to contast it... the bug is still open and have plenty informations on it...

Does anyone actually use any version of Dw from CC2017 onwards without problems?

Sorry if I get this wrong Birnou, but for someone who supports Adobe Dw to then admit that it is now unusable, means that I do cannot understand why you support what the Dw team is doing, and I have to ask myself if more would be done to fix Dw's faults and shortcomings if more disgruntled cab and pre-release members said, "no more support, until the problems are fixed"?

Obviously supporting what the team is doing and then releasing to users is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 2017.0 without problems. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive the same as DW?
  2. Arer you using a local testing server & if so,, which one?
  3. Have you tried disabling cache in your site settings?  Site > Manage Sites > See screenshot..

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does your local site folder reside on your primary hard drive the same as DW?
    1. Yes. My local site folder resides on my primary hard drive the same as DW CC 2018.
  2. Arer you using a local testing server & if so,, which one?
    1. I am not using a local testing server.
  3. Have you tried disabling cache in your site settings?  Site > Manage Sites > See screenshot..
    1. I have tried this process to no avail.

It's very frustrating because things were perfectly fine up until sometime in the last upgrade. I've had literally NO problems with DW. However, I do NOT use Live Preview. I do webmaps in the ESRI ArcGIS API for Javascript and so my coding is in Dojo primarily with minor excursions over into HTML5 and vanilla JS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your observations. If everything worked fine with the previous version, and you are having issues only with the latest version with no other changes, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines