• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC: duplicate htmls including template

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make another version of my webpages that use a template.

How do I do this.  When I copy and paste my htmls and .dwt, the old .dwt still has control over my new htmls.

When I detach the template from my htmls, and try to attach the new template, when making changes to the new template, it only updates the htmls that are open, not giving me the prompt to update all htmls.

Thank you.

This post moved from Adobe Experience Cloud to Dreamweaver support forum. [Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Keep new projects separate from old ones.  Start over with a new site and new template.   Go to Site > New Site >  and name it myNewSite or similar.

Go to File > New > Starter Templates.  Choose one and hit Create button.

Go to File > Save >  basic.html 

When you get your basic.html page set-up exactly as you want, the code works in all browsers and validates free of any errors, then you can SaveAs Template.dwt.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the code of the head section of the template (.dwt) of the new site.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is the .dwt after I duplicated it.

Note that it is in the same site. I wish to create a work-in-process for the html in a separate folder for testing, later to make it the production folder.

But the old .dwt is somehow still attached to the htmls in the work-in-process folder, and the new .dwt only updates those htmls that are open.

Thank you for your help.

#Home {background-color:var(--aHover-bg-color);}
#nav-About {}
#nav-Services{}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep new projects separate from old ones.  Start over with a new site and new template.   Go to Site > New Site >  and name it myNewSite or similar.

Go to File > New > Starter Templates.  Choose one and hit Create button.

Go to File > Save >  basic.html 

When you get your basic.html page set-up exactly as you want, the code works in all browsers and validates free of any errors, then you can SaveAs Template.dwt.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but it seems like there should be a simple process to copy a folder of one site into a new folder, unattach each html from its template and then attach a new template to the htmls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use your OS's file manager (Mac Finder or Win File Explorer) to copy site assets over to your new site folder. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines