Highlighted

Dreamweaver CC :Newest Version : Locked files after copying folders

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I work with web maps and the various doodads and such in that realm. At the moment I am working with something called a GeoForm.

GitHub - Esri/geoform-template-js: GeoForm is a configurable template for form based data editing of...

It's basically a form, created in Dojo with ESRI's JS API, that includes a map whereby the enduser can place a dot on a map that is connected to the formfields filled out in the 'FORM' part of the GeoForm.

Pending Addressing.png

So... I have a folder where this web app goes. It's an internal-only web app so I can't share it, which is why I am prepping my question with so many details.

I just discovered that in order to get some custom functionality I would need to edit some internal, major files. Obviously I don't want to edit the live site, so I copied the folder it is in. I used the Dreamweaver interface. I pasted that folder beside itself. I renamed it. It doesn't work.

Not only does the copied site NOT work, but several of the files are not visible in the Dreamweaver interface. When I visit the site folder directly (using Remote Desktop to connect to the Server these files are physically located on) the files are locked on the server with an X over the file icon.

I'm trying to find out why the DUPLICATE or COPY/PASTE option inside of Dreamweaver CC creates these issues. Because if I remote connect and just copy and paste the folder it all works perfectly. VERY confused.

FYI this is in a Microsoft environment, not Mac.

Message was edited by: Brian O'keefe for a spelling error

TOPICS
Dreamweaver CC 2014

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CC :Newest Version : Locked files after copying folders

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I work with web maps and the various doodads and such in that realm. At the moment I am working with something called a GeoForm.

GitHub - Esri/geoform-template-js: GeoForm is a configurable template for form based data editing of...

It's basically a form, created in Dojo with ESRI's JS API, that includes a map whereby the enduser can place a dot on a map that is connected to the formfields filled out in the 'FORM' part of the GeoForm.

Pending Addressing.png

So... I have a folder where this web app goes. It's an internal-only web app so I can't share it, which is why I am prepping my question with so many details.

I just discovered that in order to get some custom functionality I would need to edit some internal, major files. Obviously I don't want to edit the live site, so I copied the folder it is in. I used the Dreamweaver interface. I pasted that folder beside itself. I renamed it. It doesn't work.

Not only does the copied site NOT work, but several of the files are not visible in the Dreamweaver interface. When I visit the site folder directly (using Remote Desktop to connect to the Server these files are physically located on) the files are locked on the server with an X over the file icon.

I'm trying to find out why the DUPLICATE or COPY/PASTE option inside of Dreamweaver CC creates these issues. Because if I remote connect and just copy and paste the folder it all works perfectly. VERY confused.

FYI this is in a Microsoft environment, not Mac.

Message was edited by: Brian O'keefe for a spelling error

TOPICS
Dreamweaver CC 2014

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 06, 2018 0

Have something to add?