• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC off-line

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stll using Dreamweaver CS6 and considering now a transfer to CC. But this version is only available if you take a subscription to the Adobe Cloud. Maybe a simple question: Can I still work with Dreamweaver CC when I am not connected to the Internet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Yes.

The "Creative Cloud" is a bit of a misnomer. The software is downloaded and installed to your local machine just as it was in the past, only the delivery service and subscription model has changed.

As long as you have an active subscription in good standing, the software functions. Basically it periodically checks with Adobe to verify your subscription is good, in order to "allow you in".

It is not "Cloud-Based Software".

If you happen to be offline when the software goes to check with Adobe,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Dreamweaver forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

The "Creative Cloud" is a bit of a misnomer. The software is downloaded and installed to your local machine just as it was in the past, only the delivery service and subscription model has changed.

As long as you have an active subscription in good standing, the software functions. Basically it periodically checks with Adobe to verify your subscription is good, in order to "allow you in".

It is not "Cloud-Based Software".

If you happen to be offline when the software goes to check with Adobe, you'll need to connect, but otherwise, there's no need to be online (well, aside from using the Cloud storage, or other cloud bits of a full subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When my internet service goes out, it doesn't prevent me from working on projects.  CC software downloads & installs on your machine the same as before.  You don't need to be online except when downloading, updating software or uploading files to your server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines