Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC Program View VS Website View

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a question.

When in Adobe Dreamweaver CC, my page appears as a simple text page with a white background and black text (see below).

However, on the actual webpage, it looks much different:

Even when I go into "preview in browser" from Dreamweaver, it appears like this:

How am I able to make Dreamweaver appear exactly like the actual webpage, so I am able to make the necessary edits and see exactly how it will look?

Thank you in advance for all of your assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

If this is your website URL, Controlled Substance Administration - California Veterinary Medical Board,

your site uses .shtml files and server-side includes.  To parse includes locally, you will need to install and set up a local testing server.    For details, see my reply #6 in the related discussion below.

Re: Page content doesn't display when opening existing page from a remote server.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it looks like you may have a slash infront of your linked css file which will stop the page getting any styling?

Can you check the css file is linked to the page so the styling shows locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the code, it's hard to say exactly what might be happening.

Since I don't see a menu, or any text from a menu in the page opened in Dreamweaver, my guess would be that your site is made up of server-side includes (maybe with .php extensions in the file names) and the "page" you're opening is actually just the content of a text area used by the server to piece the page together that is then styled with an external .css file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is your website URL, Controlled Substance Administration - California Veterinary Medical Board,

your site uses .shtml files and server-side includes.  To parse includes locally, you will need to install and set up a local testing server.    For details, see my reply #6 in the related discussion below.

Re: Page content doesn't display when opening existing page from a remote server.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines