• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC will not go full screen or move to another desktop on MacOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Why does my Dreamweaver CC intallation not work correctly with MacOS operating system?

I cannot make use of multiple desktops or maximize screen space by using the full screen feature.

Is there a setting in Dreamweaver which I am missing?

Regards, Jake.

TOPICS
Interface , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Mac version might still need to have the Application Frame turned off in Preferences to get floating windows that you can move onto your second monitor.

The Windows version doesn't have that option, but we can click and drag the named tab of one of DW's tools panels off of the Application Frame onto other monitors now (a very new feature to Windows DW).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I will try the solution you me tioned, but this isn't quite what I was looking to solve.

The Dreamweaver main window will not go full screen and it cannot be used on any other desktop apart from the main one.

Best, Jake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW CC 2020 is compatible with Catalina.  But there are a few known issues described below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/known-issues-macos-Catalina.html#Known-compatibility-issues

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I also came across this page but it doesn't list the two major incompatibilities I have found with Dreamweaver and the latest versions of MacOS.

Regards, Jake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying and sharing your observations. I suggest sharing your feedback with the team directly using this link https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com for their investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and your link is broken. Is there a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is more than 6 months old.

• Which operating system version #?
  • Which DW version #?
  • Please describe exactly what you are having trouble with.  Screenshots can be helpful.

You may submit bug/feature requests from your DW Help Menu or by going directly to the URL below.

https://dreamweaver.uservoice.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines