Highlighted

Dreamweaver cc2017 image hotspots

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Everyone,

I am in need of some help with the hotspot tool. I have created a document and want to put hotspots on my image. However whenever I click and drag to create the hotspot, it doesn't appear and the properties panel disappears with it. This happens everytime. Any clues as to why this isn't working would be great. I have googled so much trying to find the answer and nothing is helping me.

Thanks

When I am trying to create the hotspot- p.s. I have typed in the alternate text and the link and target and it still doesn't allow me to draw the hotspot.

Screenshot 2016-12-14 12.52.47.png

After my attempt the properties panel goes to this state.

Screenshot 2016-12-14 12.52.54.png

I had the same problem. I found the problem to be that the Inspector Panel wasn't fully open. You need to select the image and double click on the Inspector Panel to fully open it where you will see the Hotspot icons. This didn't open it for me at first, not sure what I do different now but it works fine now.

I hope that helps. JT.

Topics

Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver cc2017 image hotspots

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Everyone,

I am in need of some help with the hotspot tool. I have created a document and want to put hotspots on my image. However whenever I click and drag to create the hotspot, it doesn't appear and the properties panel disappears with it. This happens everytime. Any clues as to why this isn't working would be great. I have googled so much trying to find the answer and nothing is helping me.

Thanks

When I am trying to create the hotspot- p.s. I have typed in the alternate text and the link and target and it still doesn't allow me to draw the hotspot.

Screenshot 2016-12-14 12.52.47.png

After my attempt the properties panel goes to this state.

Screenshot 2016-12-14 12.52.54.png

I had the same problem. I found the problem to be that the Inspector Panel wasn't fully open. You need to select the image and double click on the Inspector Panel to fully open it where you will see the Hotspot icons. This didn't open it for me at first, not sure what I do different now but it works fine now.

I hope that helps. JT.

Topics

Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at How to include interactive hotspots in your web site

Please note that to use hotspots in a responsive design, you will need a helper plugin like GitHub - stowball/jQuery-rwdImageMaps: Responsive Image Maps jQuery Plugin

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BenPleysier,

I did look at this earlier and all it says is how to create a hotspot.... not how to fix the problem that I am having. Thanks anyway for trying to help me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason that I pointed to the article is because you are probably not using the correct procedure.

With an image in front of me in Design view, I click on the icon that represents the shape of the hotspot, I then click on the image and while holding down the left mouse button, I drag the hotspot onto the image. After that I will name and place a link on the hotspot. If I need to reposition or alter the size or shape, I can do this as well.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it still doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 system. If yours is another OS, then maybe this could be a bug, in which case you could lodge a report.

Ben

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that helps. JT.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other tip:  If you are in "live" view, you won't see the hot spot icons in properties. If you switch to "design" view, they become visible.

6 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the ticket

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC 2018, you can copy an Existing Image Map (code), then, make an educated guess at the proper coordinates (it wasn't hard).

Lenny Vineham

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that ordinary image maps are not responsive on smaller devices.  The hotspots will drift out of register when the image is re-scaled.   My advice is to avoid using them if possible. 

Or add a jQuery plugin - GitHub - stowball/jQuery-rwdImageMaps: Responsive Image Maps jQuery Plugin

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, I hadn't thought of that (but it makes sense).

Lenny

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group