Exit

Dreamweaver: contact form using html and css

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is my websitie: www.sheilaschaefer.com

I was wondering if anyone had any advice with regard to the text that appears semi-transparent when imputted.  I followed the coding from a youtube tutorial for the contact form, and have checked both code for html and css and it appears the same, but when I type in the boxes to send a message it is semi-transparent, really difficult to see.  I did have a problem with one of my headers, Paintings, it was semi-transparent, but I put the following code in HTML <h3 class="ontop>Paintings</h3><br> and

CSS h3.ontop{position: relative; top: 4.7em;} and that worked, but I am at a loss on what to do to review the text once inputted by the end user in the boxes.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Sheila

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

You have an embedded css style in your page with the color: #f5f6f7 - that is the light color which is showing in the form input fields.

body {

font: 20px Montserrat, sans-serif;

line-height: 1.8;

color: #f5f6f7;

}

If you need that color then target the input and textarea fields in your form <div> by adding another css selector to the existing ones:

.form input, .form textarea {

color: red;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an embedded css style in your page with the color: #f5f6f7 - that is the light color which is showing in the form input fields.

body {

font: 20px Montserrat, sans-serif;

line-height: 1.8;

color: #f5f6f7;

}

If you need that color then target the input and textarea fields in your form <div> by adding another css selector to the existing ones:

.form input, .form textarea {

color: red;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, ......this was the culprit!  I just changed the colour and voila!!

I truly appreciate your valued help.

Best regards

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines