• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Corruption back after upgrading to macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  upgraded to deamweaver verion 20.0 due to my old mac power failed and i need to replace it. My new o/s CATALINA did not support my dreamweaver versions amd photoshop versions, hence i had to upgrade. A BIG JUMP in version mumbers.

I had a lot of issues early days as I was not aware of teh LIVE view.

After a few calls to Adoe support , i was made aware and 75% of my files corrected themselves I swear. !!

I carried on learning Grid and Flexbox as this is the way forward.

A long story short, The Dreamweaver support team, sent me a link with the new tools document version 20.0 how to apply them. I ran the CHECK LINK SITE WISE...what a tool.

I had over 23,000 lines of code and I had over 12,000 errors, a lot were duplicated, but it took me 2 weeks plus 10 hour days running the test on EACH page of mt sporting web site.

I finaly got the total to zero erros. Sad but I  had a great big yell to celebrate. I uploaded my error free website and patted myself on the back. I left it alone for a while all ok no changes all working , then i got a e mail to tell me to upgrade to SUR o/s 11.1 on my mac.

I did this sunday night, i had a error pop up show saying cpu6 failed then it cleared carried on with the black screen. and the end a report was sent to Apple. It appeared to work a bit slow and when you chose an app in the dock, it bounced up and down for minutes seemedd hours to stop the spinng ball, sometimes you looked in the force quit box and Dreamweaver or whatever app in the dock you pressed sain NOT RESPONDING,. I click the force quit, click the app in dock again it appearts to work sometimes a bit slowly. I had  a word with my hardware support company  and they ran a disc check on all drives all passed. He told me to unconnect all my back up drives and photo drives etc after i power it down, Re start it with no drives connected  )(They alll had passed the utility check). So I started to use me new mac as i call it.

Yesterday ecvening i tried to add a page and a image to my site, when i checked it i found the old problem had come back corruption. I just clicked on the tool and ran the check links sitewise it ran the check on 650 plus pages and found NO ERRORS. I check a few different folders and found i had images missing, css coruption,  items were not as they should be showed, plus when i check it on line using Dreamweavers virtual server checker with Safari, I found images missing , pages dis-jointed

(css errors) and hyper links failing with error code "Not Found".

When I checked the files with the new tool the GREEN TICK and the RED CROSS (X).

I found that teh site link checker passed the check on 600 + pages the page tool found errors.

(This is the good bit)

Nearly all the pages have the RED X showing, when i check the pages have different codes, but after a few fix session I saw a pattern again.

The site has the same error on multiple pages in different folders. Hence I go strainght tio teh line with the issue edit it  look down at teh tool and i see a GREEN TICK now, with the error box with the lists in all gone. 

Yes I can spend teh next week of my life editing the issues as the are easy to find once you have done 20 plus pages .

I want to know is it a settingin Dreamweaver

(Like the LIVE view must be on) etc.

It's very dis-heartening having to face anotherr large editing period...Plus why does the site link checker not pick up these errors.

A lot of the errors are spaces in the line of code where they should be touching each other like a string of continual words no spaces. E.g 

Line 12 <DIV space missing from a hyper link string.

Line 135 has an extra <DIV> listed in the code.

Loads of other errors that are duplicated across the whole 650+ pages of the web site. I can except i have dodgy fingers and i amd blind, but to do the exact same error on multiple pages, sorry I might be 70 trying to keep my mind active and self taught on a on line open universtry 3 yera course wjhen it was version 10 Dreamweaver. I passed the course, the instructor on line was pleased with me I got 11 A's out of 11 for all my homeworks and small projects he set our the couse time. All I had to do was take a exam, the exam was the web site we had to esign on week 1. My one was for my golf society, it was silly realya s I did not know at the time whatever you submitted was your exam piece.

I did not take the exam as I waas just starting to get to retiring age and was £370.00p more money to take exam, but you did get 

MS ??? letters afterv yoyr name as it was a qualifiaction course.

I said no as I had already spent £750.00p on the course. He tried to talk me into it , but I said I did not want to take a job somewhere where a young person was looking to be the the web designing world. I have taught myself drop down menus on

YOU TUBE, I am learning as I type this message, responsive web sites, I have a problem I know now as i have used pixels not fixed or % sizes, Rem and Em measurements. Another headache coming up. I am also tryingbtoget Wordpress working but i do not know how 1 % of what a server code works, I know its php and. very sensitive.index -

i cannot get my html file to attach to my message css is there.

i tried AIR DROP but you must do some changes yourend to get it sorry.

regards

Les

Apologies for War and Peace version of report, but i felt  had to give you my staus as a web designer. (Just about off page 1 of the book) soory for it's length.

my website if you wanteecd to see it is at:-

https://www.stevenagetownbowls.co.uk

plus my other site i created is :-

https://www.l-d-b-a.co.uk

these are both sports web sites

thank you again for being there .

TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the typo's, I forgot to run the speelie cheeker (lol). Thank you all for being there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update on my post, I have just run the tool"-

CHECK LINKS SITEWISE .

I is 10 minutes since I posted my problem, the site wise tool is now reponding, it has found 400+plus errors i will attach a screen shot for my questiion 

I cannot get the screen shot attahed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Big Sur was released a couple of weeks ago and there are known issues with the OS that Apple needs to address.

#2 Check Links is not code validation.  DW can only verify links to pages that are saved in your local site folder.   Links to external sites cannot be verified.

#3 Code Validation:  Window > Results > Validation > Check Current Document.  Fix your errors and repeat with other site pages.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your time, answering my question.

The hyper link issue is only failing on my local inter page hyper links and links to my image foldere, external url links are only a few and they appear never to be touched. This might be a fluke or luck.

Why does it do this ?.

It did it in Catalina as well, but that was me with my big fingers I hate to admit. 

The link checker sorted that out once I knew how to use it, THANK you ADOBE for the link when I used the chat line.

Exterrnal url links never seemed to fail, if it was a fluke or luck I do not know, All. my files are stored in my MAC local documents folder. 

If I leave the web site folder alone for days  or a time period, why do the files get corrupted.

Surley I do not have to edit my folders on a weekly baisis,

as Dreamweaver files do not appear to be saved correctly to my limited logic, at this present time.

Plus its the same few errors on the same line numbers across the whole 640 ages of my web site.

Regards

Les.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new document in Dreamweweaver, it pre-populates the page with the following code:

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
</body>
</html>

This is called HTML5

When I look at your document, I see:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
<title>Micks Index Home</title>
<style type="text/css"></style>
<link href="css/mick.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

The link in the HEAD section is OK as is the TITLE. The problem is the document type, which in your case is a very restrictive XHTML

Changing to the latest HTML5 will initially give you more errors, but in the long run, it is well worth it.

Edit: Keeping the stories to a minimum and the problem to one case will greatly assist us. My apologies for this remark, I am just one of those grumpy old men.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am just one of those grumpy old men."

I can relate.  Now get off my lawn 🙂

Joking aside, this forum works best when people clearly & briefly state their problem and stick to one topic and one topic only.

For other questions, start a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben. Thank you for your time and briliant reply, it makes so much sence what you say.

I have one question please.

I have bought a new mac Catalina O/S 10 when I bought it in April 2020. My dreamweaver on my orginal Mac in 2010 was version 10. Hence I have had to change it as its not supported. (A big learning curve.)

My Dreamweaver is version 21.  Why an I using HXTML code not HTML5.??

Sorry to be so stupid, I am limited in my skills unfortunately,

Realy thankful of your time and expertise.

Very best Regards

Les

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to build websites, you need a working knowledge of code fundamentals -- HTML, CSS and to some extent JavaScript code. Without understanding code, it's unlikely you'll get the results you're hoping for. Read the chapters, do code exercises and take quizzes at the end.
- https://www.w3schools.com/html/
- https://www.w3schools.com/css/
- https://www.w3schools.com/js/

You have some catching up to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines