Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Crashes - Support Options

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1/9 I posted a question regarding Dreamweaver crashing

1/12 I get a response advising get in touch via contact bump - Re: Dreamweaver Crashes

I go through all the prompts and get sent right back here with this forum as the only option for support even though I am paying a monthly subscription which to me looks like I should have phone, chat and forum support according to this.
What are my contact options?

Forum Post from 1/9

I have avoided using Dreamweaver at all because of all the crashes.

My older computer and slow internet may be in part to blame, however I really want to go back to using DW. I am wondering what is the most stable.

I have CS5.5 and currently paying for a CC subscription that I cannot use due to the crashes.  Looking for advise as if I should simply drop the CC subscription and go back to CS5.5 or ? 

1/12 - Yesterday I removed my webassist extensions and used

Dreamweaver 5.5 VS 11.5 Build 5315

I am using Windows 7 Pro with 8 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system Intel Core i7-2620 CPU 2.70 GHZ

WA-UnableToFindWA_SiteTools_progressV2.gif

I also experienced a word wrap error that came up and I had to dismiss it numerous times in a row before it went away.

I really like all the features in dreamweaver and the webassist tools.  IF it would help I could run CC on one system without the webassist tools and CS.5 on another computer with the webassist tools.  This would be more efficient that constant crashes. 

Please advise on my crashing issue as well as limited support options.

Thank You,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Whenever an application crashes (faulting application) you should get the message <application name> stopped working. Once that occurs the crash details get logged in the Application Log as an Error event. For more see https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/arykhus/2008/12/11/finding-useful-crash-data-and-windows-error-reporting-wer/​.

When you have located the log, please copy and paste the contents here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever an application crashes (faulting application) you should get the message <application name> stopped working. Once that occurs the crash details get logged in the Application Log as an Error event. For more see https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/arykhus/2008/12/11/finding-useful-crash-data-and-windows-error-r...​.

When you have located the log, please copy and paste the contents here.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest updates of cloud systems like One drive, Google drive, and so on ... they keep all the original files in the cloud and show only a preview in the folders on the computer so you save space in the devices.

The file is downloaded in real time only when you click on it, but if you have websites synchronized between Dreamweaver and your computer folder it may happen that warnings appear such as: "I can not find the file index.html" ... you see it in the folder but in fact it is not there and it's not there for Dw too.

In the cloud options you can select keep the original files on this computer.

I hope this can help you.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Giordano+-+ACP+Italy  wrote

The latest updates of cloud systems like One drive, Google drive, and so on ... they keep all the original files in the cloud and show only a preview in the folders on the computer so you save space in the devices...

I have no idea how this is related to the OPs question about persistent DW crashes.  

The Windows Event Viewer will tell us why DW is crashing.  I'm betting the faulting module is a missing or corrupted  DLL file.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines