Highlighted

Dreamweaver crashes while performing "find replace"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the latest Dreamweaver CC, with latest updates.

On a large site, I do "find replace" to look for all divs with a certain classname, and replace the content.

Each time, after a while, and some replacements, Dreamweaver just crahshes and closes without warning.

The find-replace command has only been partially performed.

Quite disappointing for the expensive fees we pay for the CC-version.

We have Windows 10.

How can we solve this issue with Dreamweaver ?

regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver crashes while performing "find replace"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the latest Dreamweaver CC, with latest updates.

On a large site, I do "find replace" to look for all divs with a certain classname, and replace the content.

Each time, after a while, and some replacements, Dreamweaver just crahshes and closes without warning.

The find-replace command has only been partially performed.

Quite disappointing for the expensive fees we pay for the CC-version.

We have Windows 10.

How can we solve this issue with Dreamweaver ?

regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an open bug that is not yet corrected... unfortunnaly... some person in this forum don't encounter it... and the bug decalaration often close...

so the discussion is stil open... we are quite a lot around here to get this trouble (I personnaly went back to use DW CS6), that said, if you can add your voice to the bug base that will probably help to move on...

if you want I can digg to get some bugs number

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2018 0
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report a bug, or add your voice to other users who've already reported it, here: Adobe Dreamweaver: Bugs: Hot (922 ideas) – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2018 0
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you Jon, the fact is that with the bug database if the engineers preserve the open bug we can get feedback... but as soon as the bug is story oriented, or backlog oriented... finished no more info shows up...

but with Features ideas... then we have no info at all... never...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the bug database and it looks like this issue has been fixed in the upcoming update. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Inderdeed, the bug is fixed in the latest release !!

Now Dreamweaver has a very powerful sitewide "find-replace" function !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2019 1