• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver crashing when changing colors in CSS

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time the color selector box pops up if I am typing in an HTML color code, or attempting to change the color on the CSS settings panel my dreamweaver completely crashes. This has only been happening for a couple weeks and happen EVERY time I try. It's really starting to get annoying. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? I am completely updated I believe. My adobe application manager doesn't say I have an update and I have auto update enabled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Have you tried restoring preferences as Nancy suggested?

That has been a way to solve odd behavioral issues in DW since the Macromedia days. Seems the preferences file has always had a knack for going corrupt. It's worth a shot if you haven't.

Another option, if restoring preferences doesn't help, is a complete uninstall/reinstall using the CC Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To rule out a coding issue, check your CSS code with the W3C online validation service and fix any reported errors.

The W3C CSS Validation Service

If that doesn't fix the problem, Restore Preferences

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for the information you have provided so far. After checking your error codes as Nancy has suggested, few more details would be super helpful like.

• Is it happening with a particular CSS file or with every CSS file?
  • Have you installed any Extension in Dreamweaver recently? because we have seen cases where a particluar extension is making Dreamweaver crash?
  • System configuration would be helpful.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the long wait. There is nothing wrong with my CSS code. When I try to click on the color selector icon, it pops up the color selection box and as soon as I move my mouse it crashes dreamweaver. It's not giving me any errors or error codes, it happens to any CSS file, I have not downloaded anything extension or anything else and my dreamweaver is all default settings. I didn't change anything and haven't had a problem for over a year that I have had dreamweaver, this started happening out of nowhere. My dreamweaver disappears, I click the icon to reopen and it just tells me it crashed unexpectedly and opens a report to send to Adobe with no error or error codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restoring preferences as Nancy suggested?

That has been a way to solve odd behavioral issues in DW since the Macromedia days. Seems the preferences file has always had a knack for going corrupt. It's worth a shot if you haven't.

Another option, if restoring preferences doesn't help, is a complete uninstall/reinstall using the CC Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jordang62694250  wrote

... this started happening out of nowhere. My dreamweaver disappears, I click the icon to reopen and it just tells me it crashed unexpectedly...

Open Windows Event Viewer logs to see what is causing DW to crash.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It stopped crashing after restoring preferences, but this also happened after I closed/reopened dreamweaver and then started crashing again so I hope restoring the preferences is a complete fix. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines