• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver crawling to un-responsive

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dreaweaver experts, please help.  I have been using Dreamweaver on my Mac for a few weeks now.  A week ago live view quit working.  I use Mamp now instead, works ok.  I have been using design view to pick on spots that are 'tabular data' imports in the view so it can put the cursor below in the code where I need to make and edit.  I could never do it any other way.  Today the 'Design' view has made the program un-responsive.  I have a couple of images for you to see.  One is a pop up from Dreamweaver that says click.  It is a live scrolling popup that give credits and mention 'thanks for Beta'.  I have re-started only to find same problem after loading different files trying to do the same work.  I have been doing this work (clicking on the image to have the cursor go the cooresponding place in Code for 6 months now, in windows and mac, first with Live view and most recently with Design view.  Now it is all Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 7.09.00 PM.png'broke'  What has happenned to My Dreamweaver ?  Is Design view broken too ?  Is there is fix for Dreamweaver do out soon?   Thanks for looking at this

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 7.09.00 PM (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

I noticed a couple of other problems.  Your Bootstrap CSS file  is actually SCSS.   Change to the Bootstrap nimified CSS on CDN and reverse the order so your custom styles come after Bootstrap.

Change this:

<link href="css/styleLeague.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<link href="css/bootstrap-4.0.0.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

To this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.0.0/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-Gn5384xqQ1aoWXA+058RXPxPg6fy4IW

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seriously hoping to display that table in a browser? Or is it (hopefully) for an intranet?

If you create a clean page with just a paragraph or two, does that exhibit problems?

Are you using an outdated version of Bootstrap because you rely on Dreamweaver to make sure you are using the latest code, or is it that you think Bootstrap is the only way to create a modern page because it's what comes with Dreamweaver.

Do you have a live page online to analyze?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply,  here is a link to the browser view and a screen shot of my problem.

i'm using the split window option in DW in either design or live view.  This option has allowed me to click on a table data entry in the live or design view for the cursor in code below to move to the coresponding code location.  Instead of scrolling through thousands of lines of code to add the orange background color.  the table code is put into DW by using FILE, IMPORT, TABULAR DATA from an Excel file.  i think the problem was using .asp files; eventhough, this process has worked fine in the past with .asp.  I used an HTML version of my site and it seems to work.  the tables in question are at the bottom the browser view.  all Bootstrap files are up to date and non-conflicting.  thanks for your input

Untitled Document

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.57.59 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate 🙂 To even attempt to reproduce your problem, I need to see your actual code. The easiest way to do that would be for you to upload the file to your web server and post a link. Importing "tabular data" is not to be used for massive tables such as I see in your screen shot. In fact, tables of that scope are not appropriate for the web.

Also realize that Dreamweaver can be sensitive to bad code, to the point of becoming unstable or crashing, so seeing your actual code in a browser could help you get an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link is attached in previous post titled 'untitled document' above the snap shot of it of the table.  it is blue in color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 some minor code errors

Showing results for http://omg.fairwaysit.com/Skins.html - Nu Html Checker

#2 I'm seing Bootstrap 4.0 CSS but no jQuery, Popper or Bootstrap 4 JS.  That would explain why your mobile navigation doesn't work.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice 🙂

OK. the scope of the table is never going to be responsive, so there putting a responsive menu on the page is useless. If, and this is a very big "if", you want your page to be mobile friendly, you will need to figure out a way to recast that data in a responsive way. For you, Bootstrap is useless. You need to come up with a direction first, as well as few goals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or you can get generic help to fix your issue without concern for the fact that the page has severe usability issues. I'm  sure Nancy will get you completely sorted... clinically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. thanks for all of this good help.

I just want clarify one last thing before I close this post.  Using .asp files in DW is risky ?

Thanks again for all of your helpful support and expert ideas...jw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASP is not supported in DW CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We actually use ASP for some of our internal backend pages and they cause no problems in Dreamweaver. We write the ASP manually, of course, and we have no need for a testing server since we don't make too many mistakes 🙂 Here is an example:

PVII Support - Re-Download Service

And of course our search pages:

PVII Search Results

The above pages open fine in Dreamweaver and we are able to edit either the code or the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed a couple of other problems.  Your Bootstrap CSS file  is actually SCSS.   Change to the Bootstrap nimified CSS on CDN and reverse the order so your custom styles come after Bootstrap.

Change this:

<link href="css/bootstrap-4.0.0.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

To this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.0.0/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-Gn5384xqQ1aoWXA+058RXPxPg6fy4IWvTNh0E263XmFcJlSAwiGgFAW/dAiS6JXm" crossorigin="anonymous">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you attemtping to work with ASP files in Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input

Yes Nancy,

I have been working with .asp files (the same files more or less, coping and editing) in DW for a year or so.  I have not had any issues until recently.  The problems started with complete loss of Live view, no apparent reason.  I used Design View for a few weeks to highlight table data items so that in split view the cursor shows where the code is.  Then, design view started locking up the DW program.

The tabular data import menu has worked very well for my purpose (just a spreadsheet).  All the highlight and colors have to be done in with code in DW though.  Importing tabular data results in thousands of lines of code; so the split view picking of items from views to find code is very helpful.

I made a HTML version of my site.  Live and Design view are working well with the tabular data import.

I appreciate any suggestions.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from the minor code errors and missing JS files I mentioned above, nothing else is jumping out at me.  Try Restore Preferences.  That usually fixes unusual behavior in DW.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines