Highlighted

Dreamweaver CS 5.5 can be upgraded or do I have to by a new one?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Dreamweaver 5.5 and today I opened it on my new computer.

It looks strange but still possible to use. But I think a new version has more functions.

Is there any way just to upgrade to a new version with discounted price or do I have to buy a new onet?

When I bought them it was called suite and contained Photoshop and so on.

I seldom used them.

Does it need to be a set?

I just need to use Dreamweaver, if I have to buy a new one, which version should I buy?

Possible to buy just on internet? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CS 5.5 can be upgraded or do I have to by a new one?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Dreamweaver 5.5 and today I opened it on my new computer.

It looks strange but still possible to use. But I think a new version has more functions.

Is there any way just to upgrade to a new version with discounted price or do I have to buy a new onet?

When I bought them it was called suite and contained Photoshop and so on.

I seldom used them.

Does it need to be a set?

I just need to use Dreamweaver, if I have to buy a new one, which version should I buy?

Possible to buy just on internet? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These days you have to have the Adobe 'Creative Cloud' app installed on your computer to download and run Adobe software. Dreamweaver is available at a monthly or annual subscription. You can't make the one off single payment like in the past and the program runs forever without further payment, or at least runs until its not compatible with your Operating System.

If youre ok with coding there are plently of FREE website editors available to use and If you look around a bit youll probably find a similar app to Dreamweaver at a one time only price.

I think the below app is one time only and has a visual environment:

http://bluegriffon.org/

Then there are the free code editors, without the visual environment, such as:

Brackets (by Adobe)

VS Code

Atom

Sublime Text

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your information.

I didn't know they don't provide discs anymore.

Monthly payment sounds reasonable. I just buy one month then.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly about Dreamweaver looks strange?  While the new version has changed, the basic look and feel of the application has not changed drastically.

As already mentioned, the Adobe software is only sold on a subscription basis (month-to-month or annually), and you can either buy just one app or everything. Outside of some Photoshop packages, everything else is packaged in this manner.  Also if you are a Mac user you can look to Panic's Nova (formerly Coda) editor as well as a paid alternative.  But before  you go down any of these paths are you comfortable with coding?  If not, you may want to explore other hosted alternatives.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your information.

When I opened Dreamweaver or Photoshop on my new computer (Windows 10), they are so tiny.

It is quite hard to use them, but I can manage it.

So I will buy a new dreamweaver for a month to make the website, then use this old software for the maintenance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably not your new computer that's causing the problem, but a high DPI monitor.

Older versions of DW are not "High DPI Aware" and will look tiny on the newer monitor type.

If you have one, setting up a standard definition monitor as a second or third to your machine should be simple enough, just plug and play for most newer machines. Using the old DW from there will look fine.

Another option would be to to mess around with the application font-size settings at the OS level to make them larger, unfortunately, that will make your other, correctly functioning programs larger too and constantly changing the setting could get annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 1
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A one month subscription to Dreamweaver CC will will cost USD $31.50/month compared to $21/month for a 12 month subscription.

Suffice it to say CS5 is 9-10 years out of date and among other things, it lacks support for HTML5, CSS3, EC6 JavaScript & responsive layouts.  Outdated, unsupported web authoring software is useless in the digital age.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0