• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS3- Can you please help me to re-activate?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Today I re-downloaded Dreamweaver CS3 and I am trying to open it but I am unable to activate it.

When I attempt to open it a Temporary Activation box appears but when I click re-activate I get a no connection error.

Can you please help me to reactivate the above product?

[Moderator moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Dreamweaver support forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

uninstall cs3 (using the uninstaller)

clean per http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

remove the cache.db file from (win): Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/ or (mac): /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

restart your computer

follow the steps here to install cs3, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall cs3 (using the uninstaller)

clean per http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

remove the cache.db file from (win): Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/ or (mac): /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

restart your computer

follow the steps here to install cs3, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/activation-fails-cs3-acrobat-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad

On my windows pc I have uninstall cs3 and have followed the link to the cleaner tool page and I have run AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe successively.

However I cannot locate the cache.dg file Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache/

Can you indicate precisely on the cleaner tool page where I can fined this file.

Kind Regards

Graham Cooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that file's on your computer.

if it's not on your computer proceed with installation of the cs3 file downloaded from the last link in message 1.  if you missed that file and it's really on your computer you'll be prompted to activate the downloaded cs3 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

CS3 now activated

Graham Cooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Explorer/File Manager,   click the View tab and  turn on hidden items and file name extensions.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Nancy.

Pleased to report CS3 is now activated

It was the screen print you sent which helped me to locate and delete the hidden file!

Graham Cooper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines