Highlighted

Dreamweaver CS3

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help installing Dreamweaver CS3 on a new computer.  It says my serial number is not correct.  I have my original purchase/order number which phone support looked up however they advised to post on the forum.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

See the correct answer below for full details on obtaining a new installer and serial number.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

IMPORTANT: uninstall the old CS3 software and remove the old Adobe PCD folder from your system.   Otherwise you'll continue to receive that activation prompt. 

After installing new CS3, enter your new serial number and click NEVER REGISTER.

Restart your computer.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CS3

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help installing Dreamweaver CS3 on a new computer.  It says my serial number is not correct.  I have my original purchase/order number which phone support looked up however they advised to post on the forum.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

See the correct answer below for full details on obtaining a new installer and serial number.

IMPORTANT: uninstall the old CS3 software and remove the old Adobe PCD folder from your system.   Otherwise you'll continue to receive that activation prompt. 

After installing new CS3, enter your new serial number and click NEVER REGISTER.

Restart your computer.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 17, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because the CS3 activation servers were taken down a few years ago.

You can still get CS3 running, if your OS supports it, by logging in, downloading the special version, and giving Adobe a valid activation number so they can give you on offline activation code for the special version.

The instructions are here:

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your computer.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2018 1