• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS4 - Spry Issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, yes I know - way behinds the times! I have CS4, and love the way it works. I loved working with the Spry Framework elements, and wonder if these are still "usable" under current HTML protocols.  If not, what have they been replaced with and where can I find the code? I am not a developer, just a hobbyist who has been tasked with helping someone create a small business website.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

As far as new versions of DW are concerned, Spry is no longer supported. The interface dialogues and menu options are no longer available. You wouldn't be able to open the old Spry dialogue windows to make changes in the latest versions, all modifications to your Spry items would need to be done manually.

The Spry framework itself will still function in browsers, though with the limitations Ben noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the exception of the MenuBar which is not touchscreen friendly, there is nothing wrong with using the Spry framework. The problem is that it has always been in a pre-release version and jQuery appeared at about the same time. The latter became very popular and quickly made Spry a non-contender.

For more info, have a look at GitHub - adobe/Spry: Spry is a JavaScript-based framework that enables the rapid development of Ajax...

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I had heard that the Spry features were no longer supported and would not work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as new versions of DW are concerned, Spry is no longer supported. The interface dialogues and menu options are no longer available. You wouldn't be able to open the old Spry dialogue windows to make changes in the latest versions, all modifications to your Spry items would need to be done manually.

The Spry framework itself will still function in browsers, though with the limitations Ben noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have come to really appreciate the Adobe Forums; you folks answer questions quickly, succinctly, and in a manner that this old woman can understand! Thank you both tofr you insights and information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines