Highlighted

Dreamweaver CS5.5 - Move to another machine

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop that I use extensively for my simple web development. I use Dreamweaver CS 5.5 and have the CD for the software. I have no plans/desire to upgrade.

It is critical that the move to a new machine works. I know the CS 5.5 is no longer supported, but I have no need to upgrade. Also, the Laptop I am moving to is running the same Windows 10 as the original laptop.

If I uninstall the product from the first laptop, how can I be sure it will transfer to the other laptop?  I do not see ANYWHERE I can go to contact an Adobe person to assure the transfer goes properly...

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CS5.5 - Move to another machine

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop that I use extensively for my simple web development. I use Dreamweaver CS 5.5 and have the CD for the software. I have no plans/desire to upgrade.

It is critical that the move to a new machine works. I know the CS 5.5 is no longer supported, but I have no need to upgrade. Also, the Laptop I am moving to is running the same Windows 10 as the original laptop.

If I uninstall the product from the first laptop, how can I be sure it will transfer to the other laptop?  I do not see ANYWHERE I can go to contact an Adobe person to assure the transfer goes properly...

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using on the new machine?

Creative Suite versions, 32 bit software, do not not run in Mac OS Catalina (Apple only allows 64 bit on the latest OS).

If you've only ever had it installed on one machine, you will be able to install and activate it on a second machine without issue. The license for CS5 allowed you to have 2 concurrent installations. If you have activated it on other machines in the past, you would need to first Deactivate it from the DW Help Menu on the current machine, install on the new machine, and activate.

If you receive an "activation limit reached" error message on the new machine, you can contact Adobe Support, request a supervisor and then request an Activation Count Reset. Without requesting it, they will basically won't know what you're talking about. The program is well beyone its End of Life date and few, if any, of the current crop of Customer Care Reps have ever been trained in on activating it.

If you receive a "license revoked" message, it would mean that yor copy was an illegally sold volume license that Adobe has deactivated (you're never told until you try to activate). There's no fix for that, the program would simply be dead and unless you were to find another activation code, it would be useless.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
J_Coombs LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not uninstall CS5 from your old machine yet.  The new installation might work just fine or it might not.  The only way to know for sure is to try it.   We cannot predict the outcome because there are too many unknowns like what type of license you have, where you bought it, how many activations you've used,  etc... 

If CS5 doesn't work on your laptop, get open source Brackets and Filezilla.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group