• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 on Windows 10 crashes on startup [Solution]

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For no apparent reason my Dreamweaver CS5 on Windows 10 started crashing on startup a couple of days ago - no error messages, its just like I had done an Exit. I have been using this same system virtually every day for a year with no problem. I tried a number of things as suggested on various forums without any luck. The only thing I installed before it started crashing was an update to Firefox 57.0.3 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Defender anti-virus normal updates, and Windows went through an update after Dreamweaver started crashing.
I solved the problem by right clicking on the Dreamweaver desktop icon, clicking Properties, Compatability, then ticking "Run this program in compatability mode for: Windows 7" (it was unticked before). Dreamweaver then started up as it should. I then Exited Dreamweaver, unticked the "Run this program in compatability mode for: Windows 7" and started Dreamweaver up again and all is fine. Whatever the setting of "Run this program in compatability mode for: Windows 7" and then back again fixed the problem.
I hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your solution.  I'm sure it will help others .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines