Highlighted

Dreamweaver CS5 won't load because Extension Manager is looking to load a bad file

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I launch Dreamweaver CS5 I get a pop up notice:

The extension manager will now launch and finish updating Dreamweaver.

I click OK and the app launches and I accept the terms and conditions. Meanwhile dreamweaver starts up in the background and immediately closes.

The extension manager shows an error:

The extension "Dreamweaver HTML5 Pack' does not contain valid signature.  The extension will not be installed.

I believe I downloaded this awhile ago and it loaded OK for Photoshop CS4.

What can I do to get rid of this extension issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

"What amazes me is that Adobe has not published a fix or solution."

And they never will because Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Your 10+ year old software is outdated and of little value to anyone anymore.  The web has changed too much.

If you want ongoing support -- product updates and upgrades, you need a PAID Creative Cloud Plan.  Creative Suite is dead.  Use it at your own risk.

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CS5 won't load because Extension Manager is looking to load a bad file

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I launch Dreamweaver CS5 I get a pop up notice:

The extension manager will now launch and finish updating Dreamweaver.

I click OK and the app launches and I accept the terms and conditions. Meanwhile dreamweaver starts up in the background and immediately closes.

The extension manager shows an error:

The extension "Dreamweaver HTML5 Pack' does not contain valid signature.  The extension will not be installed.

I believe I downloaded this awhile ago and it loaded OK for Photoshop CS4.

What can I do to get rid of this extension issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

And they never will because Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Your 10+ year old software is outdated and of little value to anyone anymore.  The web has changed too much.

If you want ongoing support -- product updates and upgrades, you need a PAID Creative Cloud Plan.  Creative Suite is dead.  Use it at your own risk.

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 14, 2018 0
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Have you tried restoring the Dreamweaver preferences? You can follow the steps in the below link for the same

Restore preferences in Dreamweaver CS4, CS5, and CS5.5 https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

However I have to warn you that on restoring the preferences you will lose all the extensions installed for Dreamweaver. So, you will have to reinstall the extensions that you are using after restoring the preferences.

Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks,

dbc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on Window 7 Professional and used Dreamweaver without any problems. After a rebuild and moving to Win10 I started having the problem with "Dreamweaver HTML5 Pack does not contain valid signature" problem. Thankfully, it has not stopped me from using Dreamweaver.
I have googled possible solutions. What amazes me is that Adobe has not published a fix or solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0