• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS5 won't load because Extension Manager is looking to load a bad file

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I launch Dreamweaver CS5 I get a pop up notice:

The extension manager will now launch and finish updating Dreamweaver.

I click OK and the app launches and I accept the terms and conditions. Meanwhile dreamweaver starts up in the background and immediately closes.

The extension manager shows an error:

The extension "Dreamweaver HTML5 Pack' does not contain valid signature.  The extension will not be installed.

I believe I downloaded this awhile ago and it loaded OK for Photoshop CS4.

What can I do to get rid of this extension issue?

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

"What amazes me is that Adobe has not published a fix or solution."

And they never will because Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Your 10+ year old software is outdated and of little value to anyone anymore.  The web has changed too much.

If you want ongoing support -- product updates and upgrades, you need a PAID Creative Cloud Plan.  Creative Suite is dead.  Use it at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Have you tried restoring the Dreamweaver preferences? You can follow the steps in the below link for the same

Restore preferences in Dreamweaver CS4, CS5, and CS5.5 https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

However I have to warn you that on restoring the preferences you will lose all the extensions installed for Dreamweaver. So, you will have to reinstall the extensions that you are using after restoring the preferences.

Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks,

dbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on Window 7 Professional and used Dreamweaver without any problems. After a rebuild and moving to Win10 I started having the problem with "Dreamweaver HTML5 Pack does not contain valid signature" problem. Thankfully, it has not stopped me from using Dreamweaver.
I have googled possible solutions. What amazes me is that Adobe has not published a fix or solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What amazes me is that Adobe has not published a fix or solution."

And they never will because Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Your 10+ year old software is outdated and of little value to anyone anymore.  The web has changed too much.

If you want ongoing support -- product updates and upgrades, you need a PAID Creative Cloud Plan.  Creative Suite is dead.  Use it at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It boils down to a couple of things in my case.
1) Their update is what started the error message pop-up.  So 10 years, 15 years, if you make an update it should fix things not make them worse, and if it does break things you should be on the hook to fix it. It feels like a bait and switch where it's a case of "install this fix"... "now your stuff is broken and out of date... why not buy the cloud?".  Am I the only one that feels like that's a sleezeball marketing practice?  At best it's unethical, at worst isn't this similar to what Apple did with their patches when they made batteries die faster in older models and got sued (and lost) for it?

2) I've been a pro user of Adobe's line of products for years, since version 1 actually. I've taught classes, sold their software, and helped create a new generation of users of their products. As a user and previous fan of Adobe I feel used, insulted, and completely let down by Adobe in the fact that the new cloud model caters more to non-professional, or enterprise budgets (I'll buy it for a month here and there, or money is no object) types while it doubled the costs for the majory in the middle.  For a real world example of what I mean; CS3 I paid $1800.00(US) for many years ago. Every TWO years I would buy a competitive upgrade that cost roughly $600.00(US). No cloud, no Internet required, it was mine and I could use it and all the features anywhere, so long as my laptop worked.  The cloud is $635.88 per year (right now), if the Internet is down so is a large portion of my "features" in the software... believe it or not, not everywhere has internet. While, yes, I can install a local version, there doesn't seem to be a 100% localized solution.

To be blunt, everything about what I've listed above sucks - ethically, professionally, and financially (IMO). I've made a move to start migrating all my work to Corel products and have recommended others (and companies) do the same, but I do still need my CS5.5 and CS6 to work from time to time (at least a while longer)... without having to worry about which patches are landmines waiting to blowup my functionality in the disguise of a "fix".  At the very least it would be responsible to stop suppling people the "fixes" that break things you're (meaning Adobe) not willing to fix... the reason for the break is a moot point given the whole of this situation that apparently started in early 2020 or just before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is one great big rant and I am sure that your mind is now at ease. I ususally do the same when I am upset about something. I write it all down, read it a couple of times. and destroy it. In contrast, you have continued to distrubute your screed to an audience who does not care. This community consists of Dreamweaver users some of whom help others with their Dreamweaver questions. The problem is that I see no question to answer.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines