May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5-10-19

Dreamweaver cs6

In design mode

The css rules list

When I highlight a box in designer mode say < dive#somthing>

I have to search in depth down the css rules column to find it in order to make modifications.

It there a way for when I highlight the div box in the designer it will highlight the css rule in the list so I would not have to search in depth

All this without changing the

Tony 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

I haven't looked at legacy CS6  in about 6 years.  To be honest,  I can't remember much about it. 

In the latest DW CC, there's a convenient  feature called Quick Edit.  You may right-click on a tag, or use Ctrl+E to bring up a panel for editing that selector's styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't looked at legacy CS6  in about 6 years.  To be honest,  I can't remember much about it. 

In the latest DW CC, there's a convenient  feature called Quick Edit.  You may right-click on a tag, or use Ctrl+E to bring up a panel for editing that selector's styles.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in CS6, design view, when you click over an item and if you are pressing alt key in the same time, you will have the navigator tool window that will open...

from there you will have all the cascade styles sheets that will display and for each you will have the all rules affecting the hovered element.

when hovering each of those rules, you will have a pop up that will display all the included declaration... then if you clik there the code view will open and the cursor will show up in the middle of the code where you will have to edit.

you can see the exemple in the screen grab there 05.11.2019-12.20.21

bu it is a bad exemple just because I use Sass and what you get is not the cool and clear CSS file but the compressed generated one... any way it works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines