Highlighted

Dreamweaver CS6 Image Problem

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am fairly new to web design, I am familiar with html and have basic knowledge of Adobe software.  And I have a question regarding Dreamweaver CS6.  I am updating a website and adding an image (I have many already uploaded and set up on the site) though this particular image is displaying sideways.  I have attempted rotating the image and copying it again to my site's index folder with no success.  I have done this in the past with no problems.  But for the life of me I cannot get this image to display correctly on my site.  Any suggestions or assistance you could provide me would be great, thank you.

-Kelly

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver CS6 Image Problem

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am fairly new to web design, I am familiar with html and have basic knowledge of Adobe software.  And I have a question regarding Dreamweaver CS6.  I am updating a website and adding an image (I have many already uploaded and set up on the site) though this particular image is displaying sideways.  I have attempted rotating the image and copying it again to my site's index folder with no success.  I have done this in the past with no problems.  But for the life of me I cannot get this image to display correctly on my site.  Any suggestions or assistance you could provide me would be great, thank you.

-Kelly

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelly, we are all suffering from the very sticky cache that forms a component of the current version of Chrome and probably soon to be followed by other browsers.

In my opinion, we as developers, need to accommodate the sticky cache. For more, Google cache buster

To help you for the moment, when using Chrome, type 'chrome://settings/clearBrowserData' into the address bar and follow the prompts. As you can see from the following image, I have a favourites tab aimed at a one-click opening of the page.

junk.png

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how doing this will make my image appear correctly.  I did it anyway, but as I expected this is a not a fix that was helpful to me.  My image appears correctly before adding it to my site, though once uploaded, it displays as if it were rotated to the right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 0
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is likely an issue in the image itself. If you take an image with a smart phone or digital camera, while holding the device sideways, the device will write a small bit of info into the image that your OS can see, but the browser does not. In your OS the image appears correctly, in a browser it's "sideways".

1. Open the image in Photoshop

2. You should notice it's "upright" but there will be an * by the file name in the document header bar

3. Save the image

4. Re-upload.

The orientation will have been changed, and the meta data telling the OS to "turn it 90 degrees this way" will be gone, so they should both match.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 0
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for Ben's suggestion about the cache, and how that could show you the wrong image, is because the overly sticky cache in Chrome could be showing you the original, previously downloaded and wrong image, from its cache, rather than the newly corrected image you uploaded more recently.

It's a common issue in the forums lately due to Google's changes in how Chrome caches files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 0
Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPhone & iPad, this is the only way your device knows how to shoot pictures without the rotation problem.  Round Home button is on the right.

If you hold it in Portrait mode, you get sideways photos when the images are emailed or uploaded to the web.

Assuming you received upside down or sideways photos from someone else, you'll need to correct them in Photoshop and use File > Export > Export As with Metadata set to NONE.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2017 1