• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS6 (title edited by mod for clarity)

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought this from a guy on Ebay...Won't install permanently on my hard drive and when I went to look at the different functions is locked up and sat that way for at least a half hour.  Finally had to Control+Alt+Delete to shut it down.  Also,when I went to register it the saying "Serial Number is not correct".  Don't know what to do about any of this but I need this to make a website for a group I belong to. Maybe I should just use my PSElements 18 and forget Dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you buy on an original Adobe disc, with an original Adobe serial number sticker?

If not, you MAY have been scammed

And even if everything is original, it does not below to you until the former owner does a license transfer

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355892

-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the EBay ad full description...Check out the second to the last paragraphs and let me know if you still think I was scammed...

New Dreamweaver Listings

Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 - Full Version

For Windows Only - PC's 32 & 64 bit.

Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 software lets you design, develop and maintain standards-based websites and applications. Dreamweaver CS6 software enables you to make cutting-edge web designs and mobile apps while generating HTML5 and CSS3 code.

Use the fluid grid layout system and HTML editor to design projects for smartphones, tablets, and desktop screens. Support for CSS3, jQuery Mobile, and Adobe PhoneGap Build frameworks streamlines the mobile app development process.

Check your designs with Live View and Multiscreen Preview. Add rich typography and CSS3 transitions to create compelling projects.

This version is new, but not sealed and is auto activated during installation process.

Thank you for considering allowing me to provide your software needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be willing to be you were indeed scammed. Adobe discontinued CS6 (version 12.0) quite a while back and no longer sells, updates or supports it.

What is the exact error you are receiving when you try to activate it?

If it is the "License Revoked" error, it would mean the person likely sold you a Volume License version that Adobe discovered was illegally being sold to third parties and deactivated the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW 18 is the latest version which was released today by subscription only, there is no "serial number version" of it.

If you bought it "from a guy on Ebay" you're likely the victim of a scam/virus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how  Photoshop Elements 2018 enters into this equation.  2 totally different products for entirely different purposes.   PS Elements is a light weight photo editor similar to Photoshop Extended but without all the bells & whistles. 

Dreamweaver is for authoring web pages in HTML, CSS and JavaScript code. 

Finally, shopping for software on eBay or other auction sites is like shooting yourself in the head.   It can only result in a lot of pain and little if any satisfaction.

See Adobe Genuine software

If you want legitimate Dreamweaver software from a reputable source, do what we do & subscribe to the Creative Cloud.  

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PSElements got into the conversation because I said "Maybe I should just use my PSElements 18 and forget Dreamweaver."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Joan+Catherine  wrote

Bought this from a guy on Ebay...Won't install permanently on my hard drive and when I went to look at the different functions is locked up and sat that way for at least a half hour.  Finally had to Control+Alt+Delete to shut it down.  Also,when I went to register it the saying "Serial Number is not correct". 

This sounds like you've been sold a BETA test version of today's official  DW release  which you cannot use because 1) you're not an Adobe Beta Tester and 2) the BETA Test versions will not work anymore.

Contact eBay & the seller to get your money back.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines