• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver design view

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start by saying I have no HTML skills and do not want them. I just need to maintain the Web page for my photo business.

It used to be that in Dreamweaver and the program that preceded it, you could drag and drop tables within a designed page. You also could copy segments of type and paste them into cells in a table. In looking through the Dreamweaver manual online, it seems to me that "design view" is the way to accomplish this. But there is a problem. When I select design view for my Website page, the display cuts off all but the very bottom of the page, and there is no clear way to scroll up to the top of the page. I have tried looking for drag tabs and have tried scrolling the page by using up-down arrows.

So why is this happening? And how do I stop the problem?

This is a very simple question ... one that probably could be resolved in a couple minutes with an online chat rep. But good luck with that. The Adobe help/support page seems to have been devilishly designed to prevent contact of any sort with the company or its reps. It makes me wonder what I am paying for with my monthly subscription.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

DW is not a click & drag app.   The current version is largely aimed at responsive web & app designers who want to work with code.  

You might want to look at  Adobe Portfolio which comes free with a Creative Cloud plan.   It's an online portal for adding images and text to your personal website hosted on Adobe's servers.  No coding skills or other hosting are required.  In addition, Portfolio works with Lighroom collections and ties in seamlessly with Behance -- another popular venue for showca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start by saying I have no HTML skills and do not want them.

That is the problem. If you were au fait with HTML and CSS you would understand that draging and dropping in the way that the early versions of Dreamweaver focussed on, no longer apply to today's development environment.

You are better off using an application like Muse.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like you may have some structural errors in your html that DW's archaic Design View doesn't know how to handle. As the program has moved along over the years, it has become more and more picky when it runs into html issues, especially in Design View.

You can use the validation tools under File > Validate > Current Document (W3C) or http://validator.w3.org/nu to get a listing of any issues in your page. This is where some basic coding skill is fairly helpful within DW because the validators only give clues as to what you should do, they don't give directions in most cases on how to fix problems that come up. Repairing any html errors found on the page could be all that's needed to get up and running again.

Ben's suggestion of switching to Muse may be the way to go if you truly have no interest in finding the what and why behind display problems in DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW is not a click & drag app.   The current version is largely aimed at responsive web & app designers who want to work with code.  

You might want to look at  Adobe Portfolio which comes free with a Creative Cloud plan.   It's an online portal for adding images and text to your personal website hosted on Adobe's servers.  No coding skills or other hosting are required.  In addition, Portfolio works with Lighroom collections and ties in seamlessly with Behance -- another popular venue for showcasing your creative work online.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines