Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Elements - a possibility?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would love to use Dreamweaver, but I can't afford it. I could afford it if is was half price. And I could afford a cut-down version if it was priced similar to Photoshop Elements - and that would suite me because I don't need to create a full-blown professional or commercial website.

I wonder if there ever has been a Dreamweaver "Elements", or whether there is ever likely to be one?

Regards

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user2user forum which means that, officially, we do not know.

My advice is to have a look at Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design. which is a free2use product.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice? Just get Pinegrow and Atom. Atom is free, and Pinegrow Pro costs you a little less than half of what a single app license of Dreamweaver would cost you.

Pinegrow and Atom talk to each-other while you code or visually design, and update their contents without saving. You get modern support for all the new CSS (grids and flexbox), Foundation, Bootstrap, a really nice responsive design workflow, good support for javascript (even up to the point of testing/using javascript in the visual view of Pinegrow), and many other nice options with Atom.

Less money, and a better coding and visual design experience than DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at BlueGriffon text and E-Pub editor. BlueGriffon

The free version is very basic but it is similar to Dreamweaver in some ways.  BG uses a Firefox rendering engine and DW uses a Chrome rendering engine.   In Dual view, you can see both source code and design.

If you purchase a BG license, you get more features.  Also there is a free FTP plugin called FireFTP.

BlueGriffon Extras

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a big discount for qualifying students and teachers. 

How to Save 70% with the New Adobe CC Student/Teacher Editions | ProDesignTools

Download it from the Education Store.

Adobe Creative Cloud for students and teachers | Adobe Creative Cloud

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines