Exit

Dreamweaver email support and downloading free versions

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'd like to know 2 things :

1. Why the hell doesn't Adobe have an E-Mail, to which you can write any complain about anything ?

2. Why the hell can't i download Dreamweaver for completely free, even some older version of it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

1. Because there is a Feature Request/Bug Report forum in DW's Help menu. The menu item points here: Adobe Dreamweaver CC

2. You can, Adobe offers a free 7 day trial of the full software. After that, if you want to continue using it (and because Adobe makes money solely on the sale of software and subscriptions) they charge you a fee.

If you don't want to pay for DW, use a free editor like http://www.brackets.io or one of the other free options online.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Because there is a Feature Request/Bug Report forum in DW's Help menu. The menu item points here: Adobe Dreamweaver CC

2. You can, Adobe offers a free 7 day trial of the full software. After that, if you want to continue using it (and because Adobe makes money solely on the sale of software and subscriptions) they charge you a fee.

If you don't want to pay for DW, use a free editor like http://www.brackets.io or one of the other free options online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this brackets editor, good for combining Javascript  with CSS ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not exactly sure what you're going for when you say "combining javascript with CSS".

It won't write your code for you, but it has decent hinting and code coloring, better than DW's watered down version (DW now uses Brackets as its Code View editor).

It's free and Open Source with a community of add-on developers, so chances are if it doesn't do what you want out of the box, you're a quick download away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

I'm not exactly sure what you're going for when you say "combining javascript with CSS".

It won't write your code for you, but it has decent hinting and code coloring, better than DW's watered down version (DW now uses Brackets as its Code View editor).

It's free and Open Source with a community of add-on developers, so chances are if it doesn't do what you want out of the box, you're a quick download away from it.

Quite honestly, i think the OP would be better using a free code editor such as Brackets judging from the original post.

Older versions of Dw, even if they were free, would still be too outdated for most users requirements. I'm not saying that Dw 2017 matches modern requirerments, and the UI is one of the worst i have tried to use, but when one remembers that Dw's new code editor is Brackets based, without any of the advantages of being Brackets, it makes more sense to use it than any version of Dw that Adobe would even consider offering as a free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines