Highlighted

Dreamweaver Extension Manager CC 2018 not allowing Extensions to be installed

Participant ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help ? I have a handful of extensions from S4W, but I can't install them in Extension Manager CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver Extension Manager CC 2018 not allowing Extensions to be installed

Participant ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help ? I have a handful of extensions from S4W, but I can't install them in Extension Manager CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe abandoned the Extension Manager.

For the latest versions of DW, there simply isn't one available from Adobe directly, and the old ones, as you've found, will not do the job. I personally use the free Extension Manager from Project VII to install any extensions I have for the newer versions of the program.

That may not help you though if your extensions are too old. Adobe decided some time ago to change the file extension used by DW extensions from .mxp to .zxp. If no new version exists from your extension developer, they may not work, though I think PVII also has a converter for that too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 1
Participant ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmm ok, that's a let down. On upgrading to Dreamweaver CC 2018 I thought the Extension Manager was automatically updated too, but I guess not.

The S4W extensions are zxp files.

I will have a look at the suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
Mentor ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Just a note...

If you are using an International English version of Dreamweaver, you'll want to install and use the DMX Zone Extension Manager as it will bypass Adobe bugs that fail to properly write your local Dreamweaver configuration folders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try using the solutions in Installing and using extensions to Dreamweaver ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
Mentor ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect to Preran, who is only doing his job, and whose intentions are good, the link he provided contains information solely intended to get business for Adobe's add-on store... which by the way does not reliably work. The add-on store, or Exchange, or whatever Adobe is calling it this month, is an unmitigated disaster -- functionally, programmatically, and ethically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 1
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

only as an addition, you could have a look there too:

https://www.dmxzone.com/go/22670/dmxzone-extension-manager-for-dreamweaver

It's because I use both, the latter seems for me more userfriendly, I can handle (for example all my DW extensions) by one image. Here a screenshot:

ExtensionManager.jpg

Hans-Günter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 1
Mentor ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI, Hans...

Our EM uses Adobe backend code, so in a sense it can sometimes be safer as it will let you know if the configuration files have become corrupt. Our EM indeed installs extensions in every CC version of Dreamweaver installed on the user's computer. It also installs Photoshop and Illustrator extensions.

DMX Zone's EM, on the plus side, avoids some Adobe bugs, namely the egregious International English Bug.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

as I wrote I use both (yours too ). For me as a not native English user, I like visual representations for MY better understanding.

Hans-Günter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
Mentor ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. Just wanted to clarify

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have CS6 extension manager, then you can convert your mxp files to zxp.

Cannot remember which menu list it uses, but in the CS6 extension manager there is a command to conver mxp to zxp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
ALsp LATEST
Mentor ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Convert MXP to ZXP

The CS6 Extension Manger can be installed on any computer, even if its only purpose will be to convert MXPs to ZXPs. It can still be downloaded here:

Adobe - Exchange : Download the Adobe Extension Manager

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 1