• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dreamweaver.findNext() does not highlight/select matches in CC 2019

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the description of dreamweaver.findNext() in https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/apiref/find-replace-functions.html#dreamweaver_setupfind, the matched result should be selected.

Finds the next instance of the search string that was specified previously by dreamweaver.setUpFind(), by dreamweaver.setUpComplexFind(), or by the user in the Find dialog box, and selects the instance in the document.

Currently, after the calling of following code, matched result is not selected/highlighted.

dreamweaver.setUpFind({searchString: "AAA", searchWhat: "document", matchCase: false, matchWholeWord: false, useRegularExpressions: false, searchSource: true});

dreamweaver.findNext();

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're doing or expecting.

Here I used Ctrl+Shift+F to Find a class name called "carousel-caption" in my current document.

When I click Find All, I see several results in the Search panel.  

When I double click on the first result, the string is highlighted as shown in my screenshot.

Unless I'm missing something, that is the expected behavior in DW CC 2019.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

I'm creating an extension of Dreamweaver with JavaScript. dreamweaver.findNext() doesn't work as expected according to Find and replace functions.

I also tried following code with no lucky.

 dreamweaver.setUpComplexFind('<dwquery> \
  <queryparams matchcase="false" ignorewhitespace="false" useregexp="false" wholeword="false" textonly="false" /> \
  <find searchmode="document"> \
    <qtext qname="AAA" qraw="true" qtagname="[any tag]"></qtext> \
  </find> \
</dwquery>)';
 dreamweaver.findNext();

And the dreamweaver.setUpComplexFindReplace() together with dreamweaver.replace() can work.

 dreamweaver.setUpComplexFindReplace('<dwquery> \
  <queryparams matchcase="false" ignorewhitespace="false" useregexp="false" wholeword="false" textonly="false" /> \
  <find searchmode="document"> \
    <qtext qname="AAA" qraw="true" qtagname="[any tag]"></qtext> \
  </find> \
  <replace action="replaceText" param1="BBB" param2=""/> \
</dwquery>)';
 dreamweaver.replace();

It should be a bug of dreamweaver.findNext(); or together with setUpComplexFind/setUpFind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines