Highlighted

Dreamweaver for creating app off Wordpress

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to find a solution to building an app, likely HTML5. I have a Wordpress site and was hoping to feed data from the blog pages etc into my app. The menu design etc to be completed manually in Dreamweaver. Is this possible? Willing to learn and have some web programming knowledge and design etc

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by B i r n o u | Adobe Community Professional

Brian Messenlehner & Jason Coleman wrote a great book about it... O'reilly, Building Web Apps with Wordpress... and without forgetting the codex... you should be able to run your own way... ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver for creating app off Wordpress

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to find a solution to building an app, likely HTML5. I have a Wordpress site and was hoping to feed data from the blog pages etc into my app. The menu design etc to be completed manually in Dreamweaver. Is this possible? Willing to learn and have some web programming knowledge and design etc

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by B i r n o u | Adobe Community Professional

Brian Messenlehner & Jason Coleman wrote a great book about it... O'reilly, Building Web Apps with Wordpress... and without forgetting the codex... you should be able to run your own way... ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2017 1
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah this is a good option thanks for that. Cheap as well on Kindle!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 1
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. So im more than happy to design from ground up in Dreamweaver. My app wouldnt be too complicated. However can I get blog feed from Wordpress into Dreamweaver easily. These sources dont highlight this ability. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... it's easy and not... it all depend on your knowledge of the WP codex...

are you confortable with JavaScript and PHP..

you will need JavaScript to make the client side more dynamic depending on the user interaction

you will need PHP to talk to the DataBase and make shopping there

luckly as you will see WP can be handle as a pure PHP framework... it allows you to not reinvent the hot water at each operation and provides you with all the necessary tools - Main Page « WordPress Codex

from there you will access to different set of classes that will be usable for handling user, post, page, metadata, ajax, and so much more...

so yes, it is easy to dynamically populate page content on blank DW template or not... being confortable with JavaScript will help you to have simple page (most of the time pure HTML) on one side and then ajax request will send appropriate queries to the php scripts that you will develop on such context...

does this makes sense for you, and answer your question?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great reply. Yes I understand your terminology but lack real experience with this. So couild be tough but going to try and get training on the job. Do you knowq a good place to start in particular.

My other option could be of course to setup a MySQL DB and paste text and images into fields and call from that. But its doubling up for sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both way are great... I mean setting a database (Prefer Maria DB to MySQL db)... is a great way to go... but that mean that you will have all the back office, and the CRUD classes to write... plus the user control connexion, the metadata relation, and so on... you also can go to Symphony, Laravel, Cake, Zend, or other Frameworks... that's great too

Personnaly I choose WP as framework since many years now, and it always feets my needs and mostly those of my client... well that understands to get some clue on the framework but also on the template engine, the plugin architecture and the main principles of it... that's why I orient you to the o'reilly book and the codes that are a good start

concerning the daily use of WP, I've publsihed some articles but they are wrote in French. They was made because client asked me vertical question on some subject, and so I answer them throught that way... I do'nt know if that can be usefull for you, and if automatic translation are good... I could translate them in English too... I've opened the blog to both language and translate on demand...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0
Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2017 0