Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver freezes / takes superlong to open

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello developers / tech support,

Since my last update, Dreamweaver is driving me crazy - it keeps freezing up for no reason. If i'm lucky it comes back to life after 30 seconds or so - other times i have to eventually end the task in the Task Manager and start over.

Also, it takes FOR EVER to open - sometimes 4 minutes!?!?!?

This is seriously hampering my work flow - I am really not happy with this product.

Please could you let me know what the cause of this could be and how we can rectify this - thank you.

Dreamweaver CC - last updated approx 7 April 2018

HP Probook 470 G3

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2592 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Thank you Preran - Sumit from Support called me and remotely reset my preferences - everything is happening a lot faster and better now. Much appreciated - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Jon,

No trouble-shooting steps have been followed. I googled this problem and only managed to find other people experiencing the same problems - not many answer to the problem are to be found. Preran has kindly linked me up to some trouble shooting steps to examine, none of which really look like they apply to my situation - but there is possibly one thing i could try there. A user had suggested in a forum that disabling predictive coding helped to speed the slow processes up, but as he pointed out - that is one huge reason why we use DW, so not really a good selling point for the product that one has to disable desirable features in order for the product to work.

I'd be happy to try any suggestions you may have - thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caracarina,

Can you try the solutions in DIY troubleshooting kit for Dreamweaver and let us know if they helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Praren,

Thank you for sending through the DIY tips. There wasn't really much i could try on there, and all the instructions are for Windows 8 and older, but i did do my best with that there was:

1. I tried to restore the DW preferences but as the CC suite is installed through the CC Wizard, i could not locate the .exe file anywhere to follow the instructions. Futhermore, I tried to manually locate the files that would be deleted but the paths in the article do not apply to Windows 10, i guess, and Search could not find them.
  2. System requirements checked - all requirements are met.
  3. I uninstalled DW and re-installed - I timed the length of time is took DW to open up and become responsive: 3 minutes and 40 seconds. That is truly terrible.
  4. The article advises to activate hidden admin account - but not what to do further once it has been activated - the article your DIY list links to warns as follows: Warning: The built-in Administrator account has a lot more privileges than a regular administrator account—privileges that can easily get you into trouble if you use it regularly. We recommend only enabling the built-in Administrator account if you are certain you need it to troubleshoot a specific problem and then disabling it when you are done. If you’re unsure whether you need it, you probably shouldn’t use it at all. So that wasn't really helpful either.

I've now did a quick bit of work and it hasn't frozen up at all - so hopefully the reinstall did fix something.

The long opening time is still not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying all the solutions and letting us know.

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation to try and fix issues around slowness in DW.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Preran, I've messaged you the details as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the support team contact you? If your issue was resolved, can you post the solution over here for the benefit of other users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

No, nobody has contacted me.

Regards,

Carin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have sent the reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Preran - Sumit from Support called me and remotely reset my preferences - everything is happening a lot faster and better now. Much appreciated - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines