• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver FTP error connection

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently added a new site to my dreamweaver CS6 version and have inputted the correct credentials etc but when clicking the Test, I'm getting the message "An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. Dreamweaver encountered an internal data error. Please try the operation again".

This is not my first website hosting via dreamweaver and the others tested out fine. Cant quite understand why this isn't working. Anyone experience any similar issues and how they managed to resolve?

TOPICS
Error , Publish , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Some of the newer servers are not compatible with outdated FTP apps.  You're using legacy CS6 which means your FTP hasn't been updated in almost 8 years.   Switch to Filezilla or some other dedicated S/FTP client that has all the latest updates and security patches.   If that fails to connect, you need to contact your hosting provider to confirm you have the correct log-in details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the newer servers are not compatible with outdated FTP apps.  You're using legacy CS6 which means your FTP hasn't been updated in almost 8 years.   Switch to Filezilla or some other dedicated S/FTP client that has all the latest updates and security patches.   If that fails to connect, you need to contact your hosting provider to confirm you have the correct log-in details. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found a possible solution.

Reset your preferences  as given here -

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

The latest Windows 10 update in October 2020 must have corrupted my registry or something and it wasn't saving my FTP connection details, but reset preferences sorted it out.

Basically you delete the relevant folder in your user profile and a registry key.

TIP: rename them, don't delete, just in case 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines