Highlighted

Dreamweaver Hangs when I click on Assets

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on maintaining my website and need to change to a different liberay. When I click on the Assets Dreamweaver hangs and I can not get it to recover. I get the "Not Responding" notification.

Correct answer by johnfr80504 | Community Beginner

I ended up calling Adobe Tech support. After giving the tech support guy access to my computer to do trouble shooting he finally determined that there was a missing external file. We ended up copying the missing file from a backup of my website I had on an external backup drive. Once I got that file copyed into my main library all was well. Apparenty DW was hanging because it was searching for the missing file.

TOPICS
Code, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver Hangs when I click on Assets

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on maintaining my website and need to change to a different liberay. When I click on the Assets Dreamweaver hangs and I can not get it to recover. I get the "Not Responding" notification.

Correct answer by johnfr80504 | Community Beginner

I ended up calling Adobe Tech support. After giving the tech support guy access to my computer to do trouble shooting he finally determined that there was a missing external file. We ended up copying the missing file from a backup of my website I had on an external backup drive. Once I got that file copyed into my main library all was well. Apparenty DW was hanging because it was searching for the missing file.

TOPICS
Code, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning 'Display External Files' off.

junk.jpg

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier,

Thanks for the suggestion. Sorry to say this didn't solve my problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart DW after turning off?

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem. Every time I click on Assets to change the library in Dreamweaver I have to force quit the application.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Which OS?
  • Which version of DW?
  • Does this happen with all sites or just certain ones?
  • How many files in your local site folder?
  • Where does your local site folder reside? Is it on the same primary drive as DW?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
DaniiG09 LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will look at my backup drive and see if I can find a missing file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0