Highlighted

Dreamweaver: how do I batch-insert images for an image-viewer slideshow?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a flash slideshow in Dreamweaver 8. I have followed online tutorials on how to do this, but I cannot figure out how to batch-insert the files for my show at "imageURLs" in the Flash element. Obviously, inserting each file individually would be ridiculous since there are over 100; I am sure I am missing something obvious. Any help would be much appreciated.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dreamweaver: how do I batch-insert images for an image-viewer slideshow?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building a flash slideshow in Dreamweaver 8. I have followed online tutorials on how to do this, but I cannot figure out how to batch-insert the files for my show at "imageURLs" in the Flash element. Obviously, inserting each file individually would be ridiculous since there are over 100; I am sure I am missing something obvious. Any help would be much appreciated.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot has changed online since DW 8.

Adobe has stopped making new versions of the Flash plug-in for desktops, and will stop supporting them entirely this year. iOS devices never had one, and the only way you can get one for Android devices is to side-load a hopefully clean copy of an ancient version from a third party.

Very few will be able to see your work. The majority will just get a "You need to install x version of Flash" message with no way to actually install it.

Flash is dead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Yeah, I'm out of touch. Maybe you can recommend the best way
for me to proceed (to create a slideshow)? I also have Dreamweaver 20, by
the way, though am less comfortable that.

Mitten Drinnen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For slideshows, HTML, CSS and Javascript are really all you need. If you don't have the coding chops to create them yourself, there are loads of free javascript (and jQuery) carousel sliders online. Most have pretty simple instructions to implement them on existing pages.

I've seen Owl Carousel on a number of sites.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again!

Mitten Drinnen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Wow Slider.  It's point & click, no coding required. 

Also standards compliant, mobile-friendly and comes with many skins and fx options.

https://wowslider.com/

Jon's right, Flash is already dead!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you too Nancy. Will do.

Mitten Drinnen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group