• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver, IIS, and file layout

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit machine which should be up to date. Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.706)

Dreamweaver CC 2019 build 11212.

Windows IIS Version 10.0.17134.1

I had a website that just went something like this: All are folders until the parenthesis info.

Archived Pages

db

Layouts

Library

Logs

Scripts

Site

Templates

Yellowstone

(then all of the files not located in the above folders.)

Once I attached the site to IIS I now have a folder wwwroot with the above information within it. Templates folder, wwwroot folder then Yellowstone, etc.  I.E. The overall directory has duplicate files.

Assumption on my part. The correct files to use are the files within the wwwroot folder.

Question: can I safely remove all of the files not within the wwwroot folder? If yes what is the safest way to do it? Or do I just wacke them out of existence.

Thank you for your response. Hopefully I gave you all information needed and was clear with my questions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

A website needs a web server. In the case of IIS, the root directory of the webserver is wwwroot and all of the files associated with the web site need to be placed inside that root directory.

If you want to delete a folder, then the obvious choice is to delete the folder that is not inside the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A website needs a web server. In the case of IIS, the root directory of the webserver is wwwroot and all of the files associated with the web site need to be placed inside that root directory.

If you want to delete a folder, then the obvious choice is to delete the folder that is not inside the web server.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thank you for your comeback Ben that is what I was thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines