• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver in Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the above suite installed on my Windows 10 laptop.  I primarily use Dreamweaver to update web sites.

Unfortunately, somehow when I try to open any program in the suite, I get a 213:11 error.  I can delete/reinstall the programs,  but I will lose the Dreamweaver Site Definitions.  I have copied all the existing ACS 5  folders to an external hard drive.

I have tried the Adobe Recommended "fix-it" scripts, but they do not work on Windows 10

My questions:

1.  Where exactly does Dreamweaver save the site definitions?  If they are in the Dreamweaver folder tree, perhaps I could copy  to the reinstalled Dreamweaver.

2.  Does anyone have any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Gail Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you specifically export the site definitions from within DW Site > Export, they don't really exist in an accessible way, though you might be able to restore DW from a backup, if you made one.

Site definitions are just the settings for things like the root folder location, FTP and testing servers for each site though, your actual site files are not part of them. So if you completely erase DW, your site's files will still be at their current location on your hard drive.

While it can be a pain, if you haven't exported the .ste site definition files in the past, and you completely delete DW, you will need to re-enter the info for each site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is a licensing issue,  what would happen if I delete/reinstall Dream Weaver.  Once I can open Dream Weaver, would copying the dreamweaver folder I saved to an external drive to the new dreamweaver folder:

1. still allow dream weaver to open"

2.  the site definitions would still exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

213.11 is a licensing error. 

Close Dreamweaver.

• Open the Run dialog box (Windows key+R)
  • Type in %appdata% and click OK
  • Open the Adobe folder
  • Delete the Adobe PCD folder
  • Delete the SLData folder
  • Close File Explorer
  • Launch Dreamweaver
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the reply.  When following your directions, I can not find Adobe PCD folder.  All i get is a list of programs in CS5 and clicking on any tries to start the program, resulting in the 213:11 error.

I tried opening file explorer program data, selecting Adobe.  can not fine Adobe OCD folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In File Explorer, Click on View. Click Details.  Show hidden items.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines