• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Instability

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've used Dreamweaver on a daily basis for many years to produce a news website. It suits my needs perfectly and has - until recently - been completely trouble-free!

A few days ago however it became intermittently unstable - 'not responding' and blanking the screen after every other keystroke (particularly 'return'). The blanking probably only lasts three or four seconds before the display returns, but you'll appreciate that it's very frustrating! BTW it happens in both Code and Design view.

It seems like it's conflicting with something (?) although I haven't introduced any new elements to my site. I thought it might be Microsoft OneDrive (when it's udating), but no.

Any ideas? Re-install?

Thanks,

Tim.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Restoring Prefernces yet?

That clears a lot of "just started happening" issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding advice Jon_Fritz_11 and Ben_M

The 'regedit' fix worked perfectly!

Truly grateful,

Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known windows typing issue that it sounds like may be affecting you.  Can you follow this KB article and see if this helps?  If you are using Mac and this is not relevant to you we may need to look into this further.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/typing-lag-code-view-issue.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using old DW software, re-installing & activation may not be possible.

Which version of DW?

Which operating system?

Which graphics card?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines